free website stats program What Battery Tender? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Battery Tender?

I have Schumacher's on 2 bikes and 2 trikes. I've been using them for 5 or 6 years and they are hooked up whenever they are parked. Battery on the Softail last 3 to 4 years and on the RG I just replaced the battery after 4 years.

Tender Jr. is a great little unit and it's HD's tender in disguise (same company). I also recommend Sears...got mine for $20 on sale and it's got all the clips/connectors/parts to quick-connect the unit to a few different vehicle types (i.e. mowers, cycles, etc.). According to Jack - there's a Sears F&F sale this Sunday!!!

THe Sears model is a good one and comes with extras:D

I have 2 Schumacher units, one for the bike and one for my truck, no problems with either one for about 3 years.

Battery tender Jr. I have had it for years still works and maintains battery during winter or when bike sits for a week or longer. That doing happen very often tho.

Tender Jr. is a great little unit and it's HD's tender in disguise (same company). I also recommend Sears...got mine for $20 on sale and it's got all the clips/connectors/parts to quick-connect the unit to a few different vehicle types (i.e. mowers, cycles, etc.). According to Jack - there's a Sears F&F sale this Sunday!!!

And a cheap disguise it is! I have had this unit for at least 8 years and works as expected. I had one of the little waterprooof battery tenders that I used to use for my boat battery and it boiled it dry, it never went into maintenance mode.

I have one that I got from Auto Zone. Will look at the brand name this weekend and post on Monday. Had mine over a year and it is on the bike when I am not. Works great.

I have a yuasa ,matter of fact 4 of them -bikes 4wheelers -got one for 2004 Road King Custom when new I got 8 1/2 years before had to replace the battery Bike stays on the tender whenever parked in my garage.

I have a Schumacher trickle charger that is probably close to 40 years old and still works great, during the winter I will use it on our trucks to keep the batteries fully charged.

On the bike, Santa brought me a Deltran Battery Tender Junior, also works good, attached the pigtail to battery and hook it up between rides.

Keep in mind Sears now sells Battery Tender and Tender Jr also:D

Back