free website stats program Want Your Perspective: RG and Saddlebag Guard Rails | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Want Your Perspective: RG and Saddlebag Guard Rails

Have to agree with Tank on that one...now on to the water bottle holder...:small3d007:...so easy to spend our members hard earned loot...a well hydrated passenger is a happy one...!:D

And think...all I wanted was a place to put a bottle when travelling and ended up with a whole new look. Not bad especially since it cost me $0000. Wish every upgrade or change was that low cost. Now I will see if I can barter for a bag for the guard. Anyone got one you want to trade for something:eam

Chrome against black always looks good to me i just don't understand why there is any other colour scheme

Brian

I have these nostalgic bars on my Road King. I didn't have them on the LTD but after I scratched my right bag, and after I stopped crying, hahahahah, I bought a pair for the LTD. I think they look great.

One more last thing to consider. I had the full guards around my bags but my wife is small woman and she found those rails always digging into the backs of her legs. She didn't travel well when she was grumpy. Once I put on the clean looking street glide setup she was very happy and did thousands of miles without one complaint. So if you have a passenger and she has her legs close to those bags now, those rails may rub her the wrong way. Hope that helps.:s

I had the full guards around my 03 police bike. My 08 RG doesn't have them. Although my wife never complained about the rails she did say that it is more comfortable without them.

Aside from the looks, the rails afford great protection for the bags should you lay the bike over. I have been down due to avoiding a head on collision and the rails are a lot less expensive than the bags. One lesson learned is to keep the hard bags locked, my lid popped open and drug on the road so along with the rail guards I had to replace the lid and latch.

Aside from the looks, the rails afford great protection for the bags should you lay the bike over. I have been down due to avoiding a head on collision and the rails are a lot less expensive than the bags. One lesson learned is to keep the hard bags locked, my lid popped open and drug on the road so along with the rail guards I had to replace the lid and latch.

Welcome Oilking to the HDTimeline forum...and yes I agree, seen more than two touring riders that were on the freeway in the last month with their hard bag covers flopping around, a more common problem then one would think... :small3d007:

I'd say that's one for the "cheapest upgrade" thread. Very nice enhancement & functionality to boot. Great job & nice having friends to work with.

Back