free website stats program Want Your Perspective: RG and Saddlebag Guard Rails | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Want Your Perspective: RG and Saddlebag Guard Rails

One more last thing to consider. I had the full guards around my bags but my wife is small woman and she found those rails always digging into the backs of her legs. She didn't travel well when she was grumpy. Once I put on the clean looking street glide setup she was very happy and did thousands of miles without one complaint. So if you have a passenger and she has her legs close to those bags now, those rails may rub her the wrong way. Hope that helps.:s

I love the look and security the guard rails offer , also when I got rear ended while stopped at a stop light in July 09 I really appreciate them , the guard rails prevented saddlebag/ taillight /directional signal damage , the guardrails also kept the rear fender away from the tire so I could and did ride the bike home . Not only do the guard rails help protect the saddlebags when the bike tips over the also protect the bike if the saddlebag pins fail , I have seen more then 1 saddlebag laying on the side of the road . I also love the leather bags on the bars the other side has the water bottle bag . I know some people like the clean look but I like the protection of my investment the guardrails offer along with the look of the guardrails on my bike .

Attachments

• 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 18
I have them on my '05 RG... I like them... and how they look..... but as is said, "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder".... or? something along those lines
P9230934-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics to look at. I am going tomorrow morning and we are going to swap out the hardware and see how it looks. From what I can see I have two options anyway, full rails, or just the front rail in front of the bags. I will post some pics after and let you all take a gander.

Thanks for your views and input

Went and swapped the rails this morning, and I know it is just a matter of perspective and preference, but I think this bike makes the rails look good.:s

Attachments

• Full After Rails.jpg
    Full After Rails.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Full Before Rails.jpg
    Full Before Rails.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 32
Have to agree with Tank on that one...now on to the water bottle holder...:small3d007:...so easy to spend our members hard earned loot...a well hydrated passenger is a happy one...!:D

Back