free website stats program Vests when riding | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vests when riding

I wear my all the time. I have lots of Pins and my HOG patch on the back. I get lots of looks and folks ask about it all the time. I just tell them.. "It's my history of my travels. It is my life story. Where I have been, and what I have experienced." What better way to tell a story.

Plus we have a lot of MC here. People see the vest with the colors and they tend to back off when they pull up behind you and they don't crowd you to much. I know it not intended to scare people, but you know with all the "BAD BIKER...OH don't get to close." mentality here. Sure surprises :shockthe heck out of them when you hold the door open for them or do something nice. Then I look at them and say "Surprise...Not all bikers are bad.":bigsmiley24:

Very rarely I'll wear my leather vest, but almost every ride I put on my orange H-D hi-viz vest. I want to be seen for safety. Tracy

I wear mine when I am with the Southern Cruisers most of the time, does have nice pockets. It comes off when the weather gets too warm however.

Gator

I do not wear a vest. And I dont wear pins patches or other flair. It's just too "Ramblin' Rod" for my taste. But to quote Rodney Dangerfield from Caddy Shack, "It looks good on you though..."

Back