Vests when riding

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by UCWAYNE, Apr 18, 2010.

1. UCWAYNE

UCWAYNE Banned

Just wondering how many of you wear a leather vest when you are riding? Anf if you weart one, why?

I usually choose not to wear one due to the warm temps here is south Georgia.

Just curious
    Wayne:13:

2. xlcruser

xlcruser Active Member

I wear one because it gives me a place to put my thangs.

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

I have and wear one of two. Depending on what I am doing. One for PGR missions and another for Southern Cruiser Rides. Good place to put sunglasses when not in use or gum just what ever small stuff you need to stash.

4. CTUltra

CTUltra Member

I wear my vest with colors when I ride with my association.

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I wear a vest when it's not too hot because it is slimming.:D
    The real reason is my holster clips to the inner pocket very nicely. Also it's where I have sewn my favorite patches.

6. SchmilK

SchmilK New Member

I agree...It's always better to use the pockets of a vest/jacket than jeans ;)

7. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I wear my vest because the inside pocket does hold my wallet a lot better than my jeans does. Also, to be honest with you, it looks cool!:p

8. Labow

Labow Member

i used to off and on when i was riding a touring model. now with the dyna i will be using it and also be in search of a light denim one

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Leather vest is convenient (plenty of inside and outside pocket storage), provides a bit of upper torso warmth and does have a certain amount of "cool" factor for pins and what not. :D

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Actually, I wear an orange/reflective Icon mcycle vest b/c my wife wants me around for awhile (over my leather, of course). Guess a guy can never be too safe...:s

Attached Files: