free website stats program Vests when riding | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vests when riding

I usually wear one of three. It has patches, pins, and a place for a gun or two. It also provides the pockets for the things I might need quick access to.

Got a Willie G jacket that arms zip out into a vest. I wear it in Spring and Fall for the warmth (has a zip out liner as well).
Have a winshield bag for all the odds and ends for summer time.

I do not wear a vest out of respect for our veterans. I myself was close, but did not serve. Vets display their branch, unit, and other colors on their vests and I did not want to become a wannabe. I think a vest with no meaningful colors on it is just a vest. I am in the PGR and those colors are on my jacket, and in Michigan I get to wear them most of the time.

On the girls they do look good.

:42:

Sometimes, if the temps aren't too warm, the extra pockets do come in handy for whatever. If I'm going to a HOG event I'll usually wear it, it is blazened with patches and pins.

I wear a vest also with my patches and colours. Vest also offer some protection from road rash and other flying objects. never ride without it

In Seattle we ride alot in weather below 70 and the vest adds additional warmth plus a feeling of security and pockets hold my phone and glasses, not to mention patches that have been well chosen and placed strategically about the vest. The trick with patches is "quality not quantity"

Used to wear my vest when I was in Idaho and still had a CCL it has a built in pistol pocket for my .38 but the wieght of the gun the vest and the other junk I carry always made my neck start to hurt so since being back in Texas and not yet done my coarses for my permit I quit wearing it

Dave

Back