free website stats program Vance & Hines True Duals Any Good? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines True Duals Any Good?

Have a set on my 01 roadking along with a ness big sucker kit and dynojet programmer. It really sounds awesome and runs great. Don't think you would regret it at all.

thinking about doin the V&H Tru Duals with Monster Ovals....

Will have to get a new map from Fuel Moto for my PC V too.

Billy G

I put the V&H Tru Duals on my 08 Ultra just before spring and it did have an impact on my preformance, it made it better. It was ALOT of help for the heat, now my wife and I have no heat issues. Recommended it to 2 of my buddies, let them ride my bike, they now have them.

have V&H true duals and monster ovals on my 03 EG. sound great and the wife also likes them because her right foot is not on slow roast.

Thinking of going true duals on my 08 Ultra mostly trying to ease the heat issue I've got Vance & Hines mufflers on it now and love the way they sound. Any real opinions out there of the best dual headers. Are the Vance & Hines the way to go?

The V&H true duals work well on the 09's because they cross over under the frame like the Harley set up and don't add another heat source to rear cylinder. I have the SE Slip on's with the Ful Sac 1.75" baffels. Plenty loud and good power. V&H also makes the X pipe, it's a good option and gives you a little more torque than the true duals but It ain't noticible to your butt dyno and costs almost twice as much. Supertrapp also makes a true dual system simular to the V&H system that uses any slip on.

My 2008 Ultra Classic is in the shop right now getting the V&H dresser duals.
I'll let you know how they sound and if the heat is reduced.
All I gotta say is that when it's over 75 degrees outside and I get stopped at a traffic light, the stock pipes make it a 2 minute weenie roast! That's why I'm switching.

I have a set on my 07 Ultra and they work fine along with SERT and a SE air breather. At first I used the OEM exhaust but then installed Touring Performance 4"ers and I am very pleased with the performance and the sound level (quiet). An added bonus with the 07 is that the heat problem is not such a big deal any more. If I lost low end torque or power I do not notice the difference

i put V&H true duals with a fuel pak and arlen ness air filter on my 08 ultra about a thousand miles ago what a difference good sound and much bettter performance

I guess I am the only deviant here. Rinehart TDs are the only system with a true, three stepped header, at least that I am aware of; the others use a two step header. A three stepped header scavenges better and typically, not always, help the low end.

I like the look of duals on a bagger, just think a pipe under each bag looks right. There are options for 2:1 systems, like the D&D Fatcat, that offer a ghost pipe to retain the dual look but gain whatever benefit there may be from a 2:1 system.

Back