Vance & Hines True Duals Any Good?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Rod Stewart, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart Active Member

A friend of mine recently put a set of these on his 2003 Road King, with SE free flows. They look good and sound good.

I thought I might do the same on my 2004 Bagger, but then I read a few things that indicated that true duals have a negative effect on performance, and that a Bub 2 into 1 system is the way to go.
    I really like the look of dual mufflers on baggers, and I like the look of the true duals, but I don't want to adversely affect performance.

Anyone got the real facts on this issue?

Rod

2. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

I stuggled with the same ideas and Hobbit told me that the performance you loose is not really noticable. I also like the looks of the true duals with the clean lines and less heat on the right side. Look around, more than half the bikes out there have true duals, and if performance suffered so much with it people wouldn't do it.

3. bonsi57

bonsi57 Active Member

I have them on my 06 Roadking Classic and have no issues.

4. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

dont have vance and hines but have a true dual kit on mine and no i dont notice any performance loss i think it runs better way less heat

5. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

I have Vance & Hines true duel on mine and I like them , I have not notice any perfomance issues .

6. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

I put V&H true duels, rush slip ons with 1 3/4 baffles, big sucker, and V&H fuel pack all at the same time. It has so much more power than stock that I can't stop grinning.
    You might see a differance on a dyno with a 2 to 1, but seat of the pants I doubt that anyone could tell the differance.

7. Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Looks like the concensus is that if there is any loss of performance with true duals, it is negligible.
    I am thinking hard of ordering a set.

Rod

8. USMCCWO5

USMCCWO5 Junior Member

V&H True Duals for my 07 FLHRC. Look good, sound good, and my bike is fast.

9. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

I have Bub tru duals on my 03 classic.They look good and sound good.no issuse with performance.

10. botturi

botturi New Member

I had the Vance & Hines Tru duals on '96 Road King & '02 Road King with V&H mufflers.
    They sound great (not the coffee perculator sound from Screaming Eagle, Bub & a lot of the rest) & performance was all one needed.