free website stats program Vance & Hines True Duals Any Good? | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines True Duals Any Good?

Rod Stewart

A friend of mine recently put a set of these on his 2003 Road King, with SE free flows. They look good and sound good.

I thought I might do the same on my 2004 Bagger, but then I read a few things that indicated that true duals have a negative effect on performance, and that a Bub 2 into 1 system is the way to go.
I really like the look of dual mufflers on baggers, and I like the look of the true duals, but I don't want to adversely affect performance.

Anyone got the real facts on this issue?

Rod

I stuggled with the same ideas and Hobbit told me that the performance you loose is not really noticable. I also like the looks of the true duals with the clean lines and less heat on the right side. Look around, more than half the bikes out there have true duals, and if performance suffered so much with it people wouldn't do it.

dont have vance and hines but have a true dual kit on mine and no i dont notice any performance loss i think it runs better way less heat

I have Vance & Hines true duel on mine and I like them , I have not notice any perfomance issues .

I put V&H true duels, rush slip ons with 1 3/4 baffles, big sucker, and V&H fuel pack all at the same time. It has so much more power than stock that I can't stop grinning.
You might see a differance on a dyno with a 2 to 1, but seat of the pants I doubt that anyone could tell the differance.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Looks like the concensus is that if there is any loss of performance with true duals, it is negligible.
I am thinking hard of ordering a set.

Rod

I had the Vance & Hines Tru duals on '96 Road King & '02 Road King with V&H mufflers.
They sound great (not the coffee perculator sound from Screaming Eagle, Bub & a lot of the rest) & performance was all one needed.

Back