free website stats program V&H Fuelpak | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Fuelpak

2007 UC with stage one, Fullsac true duels, Rush with 2" baffle, and Fuelpak. There is no end to the love for this set up. GREAT!!!!

I have been wanting to do a stage 1 and some new mufflers on my 2010 Ultra. i believe i have decided to go with the fuelpak from vance and hines. i have read both good and bad about this product but have no experience with it. i am looking for input before i pull the trigger and buy one.
This is a ongoing question with many different views about the good and bad of the Fuelpak. I have one on my 09 Ultra Classic and have had for now over 2 years without any problems whatsoever. My gas mileage is not what I would like (36\40 depending on passenger and too much right hand twisting) but my bike runs fairly cool with no issues as I said. The Fuelpak has been called a band aid by many and most likely a true statement but, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish meaning; do you want absolutely perfect performance, perfect timing, a cool running engine, etc, etc, etc. If so, you are going to have to spend much more money than you will invest in the Fuelpak. For me, after 35k miles and several major long trips, the Fuelpak works fine...not perfect but it works. For me, spending so much money trying to reach perfection reaches a point of deminising returns. Of course, many will spend and do what ever to reach that perfect point of performance but at what price. Fuelpak has been developed by Vance & Hines and has a pretty good track record as far as I am concerned. Again, it is all in what you are willing to do and willing to pay to reach the perfect point. The moment of certainty never arrives I fear however.

This is a ongoing question with many different views about the good and bad of the Fuelpak. I have one on my 09 Ultra Classic and have had for now over 2 years without any problems whatsoever. My gas mileage is not what I would like (36\40 depending on passenger and too much right hand twisting) but my bike runs fairly cool with no issues as I said. The Fuelpak has been called a band aid by many and most likely a true statement but, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish meaning; do you want absolutely perfect performance, perfect timing, a cool running engine, etc, etc, etc. If so, you are going to have to spend much more money than you will invest in the Fuelpak. For me, after 35k miles and several major long trips, the Fuelpak works fine...not perfect but it works. For me, spending so much money trying to reach perfection reaches a point of deminising returns. Of course, many will spend and do what ever to reach that perfect point of performance but at what price. Fuelpak has been developed by Vance & Hines and has a pretty good track record as far as I am concerned. Again, it is all in what you are willing to do and willing to pay to reach the perfect point. The moment of certainty never arrives I fear however.

Excellent point made here.

The fuel pack as well as other tuners that don't require dyno tuning to reach near perfection for a street ridden bike IMO are the way to go. If you the need to have near perfection for your bike which comes at the cost of upwards of $1000+ for SERT or SEST compared to $200-$300 for the more reasonable tuners, then this is the way to go. It all depends as mentioned above what you expect to achieve and how deep your pockets are.

I have a question about the Fuel Pack. As you may know form another post my wife just purchased an 07 Heritiage. It has had a Stage 1 done with V&H Big Shot pipes, A/F, and Fuel Pack tuner. She did not like the sound of the V&H pipes (too loud for her) and because we got the OEM pipes with the bike she had me put them back on. Question is, do i need to change the setting on the fuel pack and if so how do I go about that? I run a TFI on my other bike and have no experience with the Fuel Pack.

I followed glider's links and have what I think is the correct code for the tuner. (FP-0770) But, the chart looks to be geared towards addin some kind of aftermarket exhaust. When asked what type of exhaust I just said other...

Maybe I should just take it back to the original settings??? I really don't want think that's a good idea with the highflow air filter....

Aftre putting the OEM exhaust back on it does seem like the timing is advanced too far. It kicks back into the starter.

Thanks for your help....

Back