free website stats program Ultra Classic Pricing | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic Pricing

Jorgy

Your advise please. I have been racing and riding metrics for 35 years, and never without something to ride in the garage. I always remembered the smile that took a day or so to remove from my face when a good bud let me ride his Harley! In October I plan to buy my first and have decided to buy a Ultra Classic. With the market certainly not at its highest and there seems to be some very sharp folks here, what should I expect to pay for it. This is my first experience with Harley and any help would be great! I'm in Houston.
Jorgy

I bought my Vivid Black '09 Ultra with ABS & security for $21,450. I'm sure there are better deals out there but I was happy with the deal I received.

MSRP is $20,999

pearl black '09 Ultra Classic ABs & security $21300,,,, MSRP was $23,300 5.25% finance rate 60months You may have a hard time finding a '09

Jorgy,

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the basic '09 Ultra is $20,999 (everywhere) and if you haggle long enough you should be able to get your dealer down to this price.

Harley-Davidson USA | Motorcycles | 2009 Motorcycles

Rick got a better deal than I; however, I think he was referring to his dealer's asking price, not MSRP. (Not speaking for you Rick, JMO)

It all depends on dealer location, demand and the local economy. Here in Rapid City, SD we have a very heavy military influence so the demand (and available cash) is high so it takes more bartering to get a great deal.

B1

My Ultra was approx $37,600 out the door. :D Then the engine blew up and then I added some internal engine goodies. So, not sure if I got a good deal or not, but I feel good and the bike feels good and that's all that matters. (I'm guessing the dealer feels good too!) :lolrolling
Ugly John

It's quite amazing, considering todays' HD news in the business section, where they are laying off another ton of people, and their sales are so down, that they can get anywhere near MSRP. I don't doubt what those on the forum are saying, as I'm sure they know more than I, but it's still quite something.

I bought mine in April, and traded an 06 Goldwing. I got a non ABS Ultra, with luggage rack, GPS and bracket, quick disconnect for tour pak, sissy bar, XM, hwy pegs, gel seat, lighting for luggage rack....the total was 10k and the Goldwing.

Although unemployment is at an all time high, and the economy is kind of in the tank, remember, some people have money. With things so bad, most of us can't afford to drop $21,000 on a new Ultra, regardless of how good a deal it is. But, like I said before, there are some folks who because of good timing, frugality, blind luck, or just plain, old resourcefullness, have the money to buy things. If HD cuts production, which they are doing, there will be less units to sell, and demand should stay fairly good.

I can tell you that about a month ago, I was at the only Hd dealership in Ocean County, and not only is the owner building a new building on the side of the place (the main building can't be more than five years old), but for the half hour I was there, two new bikes went out the door, and Ultra and a trike....

What ever you do don't come to Canada for your Ultra. I was at Calgary H.D. to-day and the 09 Ultra was $ 29,000 before taxes and the S.E. model was $49,000. The difference between out money is only about 10%. We are getting "blanked" big time up here.

Thanks alot for your thoughts. Walking into a Harley dealership is a bit different than a metric shop, you know right off the get go most employed there are personally involved. I had the feeling msrp would be close to otd myself. That said Harley pricing has never really made alot of sense to me, there seems to be hidden value, maybe the smile! As for not being able to find a 2009 in Oct, there sure is alot of them in Houston dealerships (five or six at every dealership) and a large number of Street Glides as well!
Ps Hey Animal I'm from Thunder Bay and although I miss a great beer I'm enjoying 365 days of riding. cheers

pearl black '09 Ultra Classic ABs & security $21300,,,, MSRP was $23,300 5.25% finance rate 60months You may have a hard time finding a '09

If you paid 21300.00 for a Black Pearl 09 FLHTCU with ABS & Security, you got the best deal I have seen. I got the same bike and paid 23K. I did get a Jacket, cover, other small goodies and free 1000K service. With the 2010 models coming out deals will be comin on the 09's.

Back