free website stats program Ultra Classic Pricing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic Pricing

Are you all talking out the door prices here? That's what really counts. Last weekend I was at HD in Stuart Fl looking at a new ultra with ABS & security. The OTD price (no trade) was 24.7K, if I remember right, that included all those "mystery" fees. But to me, the bottom line is what I have to give to get it out the door. Funny thing was, to trade my 07 RKC in on the bike, the bottom line would have been $660 cheaper than buying outright! Of course, they wanted to give me 9K for the RK, but to make me feel good, they would have give 11K. HMMMMM, I went and looked at KBB value and the trade in value is 11.8K. I didn't check, but I suppose that was the dealer using the "black book" value to buy, and likely the bluebook to sell. Mine has a retail value of about 15.5K, so they would have made out great.
Jer

I've never done busness with Harley, in the end they are in sales, and I would hope everyone wishes them well. There is nothing wrong with being there when the price is right. The only way to deal is OTD, so much can happen after you establish a price. Every large purchase I have ever made included a OTD price only, and hopefully it was a fair exchnge, nothing personal! The RKC is a great looking ride, we should all own a stable of many!
Thanks again

If you paid 21300.00 for a Black Pearl 09 FLHTCU with ABS & Security, you got the best deal I have seen. I got the same bike and paid 23K. I did get a Jacket, cover, other small goodies and free 1000K service. With the 2010 models coming out deals will be comin on the 09's.

I was over on the GL 1800 goldwing forums they said the New 2010 airbag bike was up Around $27,000,, 2010 same as the 2009
Not sure if HD will do the same, everybody will be selling less products. so they will have to keep the proffit up to keep the doors open:(

The price was out the door on my bike, and they gave me a 25% discout on anything in the store,, I think they move alot of bike they did have 4 or 5 SE RG's on the floor:D

In February I paid $20.443.92 out the door for my 09 Ultra Classic. I did not want the ABS on it but had all the other factory goodies. Dealer through in the taillight-brake light converter for nothing. The price included the dealer paying the sales tax. I will also be able to take the sales tax off of my Fed tax next year. I think I got a real sweat deal on the bike.

Smitty is right, some of the smaller shops in Wis are really selling bikes cheap because they just can't move them. I shopped around in Wisconsin to get prices that I used as bargaining tool here in SD. Sticker on my scooter was $23500 so I basically got it for $2k off asking price. Never pay the sticker price, always use MSRP (or another shop's quote) as a bargaining tool. JMO

B1

Bought mine in Feb. $23.7k OTD with stage 1, New seat, 5 years ext. warranty. Dealer took $1500 off MSRP to start the deal.

Is that $1500 right off the top some kind of standard thing for dealers? I ask because that is exactly what the dealer here in Fl took off the top without me even saying a word.
Jer

Well, since it seems I was the only one dumb enuff to pay list price I guess I did my part to support the stealer. Of course I did buy in October so they were holding value with all the changes. (Feeble attempt to make myself feel better)

I guess I must have just fallen off the turnip truck. I paid $26,034 OTD in late June and I paid cash. Had a hard time finding one in the color I wanted. I got nothing free unless you count a $20 hat and T-shirt. The bike had ABS and I added cruise for a total of $1385 in accessories. The real rip-off was the $513 dealer prep. I ask the salesman if I had to check the fluids, "Oh no they have been checked." It was down half way on the crank case oil, the transmission was just touching the bottom of the stick, and the tour pack lights had never been plugged in. It will go to an independent shop tomorrow for the 1k service. Supposedly I am to get 10% offf on any parts I buy for lifetime because of prior military servce. I have to see that to beleive it.

just got back to work from stubbs hd on telephone rd in houston got 4 09 uc on the floor msrp is starting point they will hagle with you with 2010 on the way you can get them below msrp ,if not go to crossroads hd 290 & 1960 see michael funston he will deal with you

Back