free website stats program Tuner Recommendation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuner Recommendation

Technology is constantly evolving and its always nice to see new products that will make tuning easyer. Sooner or later the oldway does give way to the newway. Whether this product is as good as they are saying, remains to be seen. I would like to here it from someone who has used them all, like a shop who specializes in tuning.

I'm all for new and improved products.
I hope we hear from some others who will be trying it.

This best tune you will ever have is the SE tuner on the dyno. Now thats going to cost ya.
There are many lower cost options that will work for most.
And there are a few low cost simple ones like the TFI that would do just fine for most riders.

That is if you are blessed to actually have someone in your area who truly knows how to tune your motorcycle. Sadly many just tune for wide open throttle and don't bother with setting the other throttle positions.

I have a 2010 Limited and went with the Power Duels with Monster Ovals and PC-V. I'm happy with the sound and performance. Only warning I'd have with the Powers Duels is if you are the type of rider that can get your bike scraping boards, the underneath portion of the heat shield below the X pipe and under the right floor board will scrape before the floor board. This does not happen under normal riding, just at slow speeds practicing circles in an 18' radius, or very tight Uturns.

After reading all the replys and discussing the issue with some mechanincs in the area I opted for the Master Tune. Ordered all the parts over the weekend so they will be on hand once the new ride is delivered.
Thanks for all the input; bring on the warm weather!

I've been thinking about the Arlen Ness Big shot 2. Anybody have any pro's of con's on this one?? sounds like it will do the job. By the way I run 2010 Tri- Glide ultra, changed the pipes to wild pigs, going to do the air and get rid of the cat so any help would be great.

heard a lot of good stuff about revolution performance EFI, WAS CONSIDERING USEING IT IN MY 09, TRIKE with s&s 511 cam, but the local mechanic found someone who can remap my existing ECM. just waiting for better weather to get the trike done. lb

I've been thinking about the Arlen Ness Big shot 2. Anybody have any pro's of con's on this one?? sounds like it will do the job. By the way I run 2010 Tri- Glide ultra, changed the pipes to wild pigs, going to do the air and get rid of the cat so any help would be great.

I think that Dobeck performance makes it for Ness. Just a different lable.

I think that Dobeck performance makes it for Ness. Just a different lable.

I would do the TFI from this site as you get a discount for Membership at HDT and they answer ALL question Here on Site. They Monitor their Products here on HDT..

Great bunch of Guys taking care of business....

I would ask them IF they make the ness one.... Just as jdaws Says, I think they DO.

signed....BUBBIE

if you order one,,, go thru the Live Desk to get your discount..

I started out buying a tts mastertuner on someone else's advice. I then went to a tuner who I had heard a lot of good things about. He said he would dyno my bike with the mastertune but he is more familiar with the powercommanders. I sold the mastertuner without using it and bought a powercommander. My tuner guy got my bike running awsome and I am very pleased. He said the mastertuner is a great product but he deals mainly with powercommander. The bottom line in my opinion is figure out who is going to tune your bike and use what they work with.

Back