free website stats program Tuner Recommendation | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuner Recommendation

It does seem like an interesting product but I have a couple of questions about it.
After they do what they do to your ECM, would I still be able to communicate to it using my SEST? Would I still be able to modify a map (say idle speed or ignition timing) if I wished to?
Would I be able to look at or modify my A/F ratio if I wanted to.
If they change any firmware code, I bet it will no longer commo correctly w/ the SEST.

Realize that someone MUST (in this case Revolution Performance) set the values of the maps to start with. They never actually say what your A/F ratio's at idle, cruise & WOT will be. They just say that they will be "right". That would mean that there is 1 universal A/F agreement for all which there isn't.

Not saying it does not work but I would have to get some answers before I decided.

Got a chance to meet and talk with Brian Allen of Revolution performance during Daytona Bike week so I can answer some of my own questions.
Will you still be able to commo w/ the ECM using a SEST?.... => Yes..
Will you still be able to modify VE, A/F or spark advance?.....=> Yes..
The package as delivered will have a ~13.5 to 1 at idle,,, ~14.2 @ light load cruise,, ~13.8 loaded midrange,, ~12.5 at WOT.

If you ever want, you can still load a base map from the selection choices in the SE software. When you ship them your ECM, they just load a custom map that was designed/selected by them. All the features of the Delphi system remain (Ion-knock retard,heat management etc)

Interesting product.

Got a chance to meet and talk with Brian Allen of Revolution performance during Daytona Bike week so I can answer some of my own questions.
The package as delivered will have a ~13.5 to 1 at idle,,, ~14.2 @ light load cruise,, ~13.8 loaded midrange,, ~12.5 at WOT.

If you ever want, you can still load a base map from the selection choices in the SE software. When you ship them your ECM, they just load a custom map that was designed/selected by them. All the features of the Delphi system remain (Ion-knock retard,heat management etc)

Interesting product.
I have not read one bad review from anyone who has put one on their bike yet. Everyone has been well pleased with it. I wished I could put one on my 03 Fatboy but it is not available for the earlier bikes yet.(only for 04-up)

I just bought the Revolution Performance EMS module for my 07 Street Glide. I currently am using the Screamin Eagle Super Tuner and have used it extensively. My bike runs well with what I have but it has a dead spot at about 2500 to 2700 rpm that I cant seem to get out. I like the auto tune feature of the RP module. I have a buddy who has one on his highly modified 07 Bobber and it works well. He just installed it and it took it about 100 miles of riding and the bike's performance was greatly improved. He loves it! I rode his bike both before and after and it was amazing how the bike changed it was like night and day. I will be sending my ECM to them on Monday. I will let everyone know how it works.

I received my ECU back from Rev Perf on Wednesday of this week (fast turn around) It took me about 45 minutes to install the related parts which included 2 wide band O2 sensors and the EMS control box. Everything was plug and play with the exception of the power wire which had to be spliced into the headlight circuit via an easy turn connector. The illustrated instructions were easy to follow. After installation I started the bike and let it idle for the recommended 5 minutes so the EMS could find the correct parameters for my engine. I then geared up and went for a ride. The difference in performance was amazing! The dead spot was gone! It was replaced with a smooth seat of the pants power band that pulled hard from 2200 to 6000. The rough idle I was so used to was gone. I have since put over 300 miles on the bike and the bike has continued to run better. I would recommend this tuner to any and all. By the way I failed to mention the engine mods I have. 106 S&S kit, SE 259E Cam, Fueling Lifters, SE adjustable Push rods, CVO 110 Heads Decked .032" for 10 to 1 compression, SE Heavy Breather, Rinehart 2 into 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rev Performance is on my not so short list too.
I plan on changing out my stocker cams and am going to go w/Fueling 525's in the near future and am going to try my PC-V first as I know a tuner who has some maps for those cams and will go from there, but really like the idea of the Rev Perf Tuner. Kinda pricey though..

Interesting product.

Hoople,

My question is if you change the map that was preinstalled, what affect is the auto tune going to have on it? Does it read your new map and fine tune it? I’m a rookie when it comes to all these tuners.

Thanks
Dj

Back