free website stats program Trans oil question... Syn 3? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trans oil question... Syn 3?

I am really confused on trans oil. Is it better to use HD + or Mobil M1 gear oil 75/90? Cannot find 75/140. I am switching to Mobil 1 V-Twin 20 -50. I have around 500 miles on a new filter and oil change if I switch to mobil 1 from HD 360 should I go ahead and change filters also or wait till I need an oil change before converting over. I really value your input you guys are the greatest. Been 25 years since being back in the saddle after 18 months in Nam and 8 years IN USMC and raising kids. Thanks for all you do.

Ok
What about warranty, when i came up on the 1000 mils , i stop at the dealer and ask if they could change the oil, my apointment was a week away for the 1000mbrakein I would have about 1600 mile on the bike, so i did my own oil chnage.. I ask if they could put M1 Oil in, they said if HD found out they my not stand behind the warranty. what you think. I plan on useing this bike alot (not just a weekend fun bike) I would like to get a 100,000 mile with a low cpm, to do this i know i have to have a good PM program inplace

As long as the oil that you use meets or exceeds the dealers oil (which M1 does), there's not a thing they can do about it and the dealer can be added to the list of those that aren't truthful with the customer.

I had syn3 in the tranny and switched over to Mobil 1 75/90 and have seen and difference in shifting. I cannot find spectro around here, I can order, but it costs with shipping $30. I can get mb1 for 13.00 qt.

i run the mobil1 75/140 because a summer day in SC is reachs 100degrees quiet often
the 75/140 gives me peace of mind.i've thought of switching to this spectro stuff everybody raves about might try it when tranny comes due for a change

Back