free website stats program Total Years of Riding POLL | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Total Years of Riding POLL

41 years of legal street riding, total of 47 years if you include the "pre-license" time done on dirt and gravel roads.
It's too bad that more people don't have the opportunity to start out that way (dirt and gravel). I have no qualms about tackling a gravel road on any bike today:)

Great story Storm. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer (grade 9) not cureable, 14 years ago. Haven't lost a minutes' sleep over it. I know I'll be here just as long as GOD wants me here and when He's ready, so am I. In the mean time lets ride.
Hang in there bro.
Mac

Great story Storm. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer (grade 9) not cureable, 14 years ago. Haven't lost a minutes' sleep over it. I know I'll be here just as long as GOD wants me here and when He's ready, so am I. In the mean time lets ride.
Hang in there bro.
Mac

I for one hope you're able to ridefor many,many years.

You got that right Storm, when the doc mentions the C word, reality comes crashin down on ya. Then you gotta take whats left and roll with it...
Hey BLUESSSMAN, just for the sake of the poll the 3 year rules needs be there but if you're a long time biker thats had your riding career interrupted by something beyond your control,ie; illness, war,---locked up, or whatever then mention those years also. Ain't nobody gonna look down on a bro who's been cagin thru no fault of his own. Stuff happens. Real bikers ride through out their lives if they can. You know what I mean.
Mac

Dang ! some of your guys stories are so inspiring. Good luck to you guys, and hope each, and everyone of ya have many many years to ride! I started at age of 58..My Road King was deliver July 3rd, 2004...and had no clue at all what I was doing ....in as little as 15 minutes my neighbors was helping lift it off the ground...yup dump it that quick...I'd never been on a bike in my life...always been very conservative...after Vietnam seem I never took any chances...guess I figured gettin out of there alive i used all my luck up !..Lo and behold however it was while attend a Vietnam Vet reunion in San Antonio Tx was waitin for some of the men to arrive and they came ridin up on their Harley's... Man did I ever think that was the coolest thing ever...that was in May of 2004..in July, 2004 we had our first bike...Its been one of the greatest things I've done.Met the neatest folks...traveled around this beautiful country of ours...from east to the west coast...Gonna see what Canada has to offer next....:D

Fourdogs

I have to hand it to you starting off on a RK and sticking with it. That's a lot of bike to start off with!

About 44 years for me. I think I was about 12 when I bought a used moped to run a paper route. Somehow I recall paying 20 dollars for the thing that I earned on the route via bicycle. I don't remember what brand it was or anything, only that it was red.

Since then I've had a very many, some good, some not. One that I remember most was a "Zundap", I think it was a Black Widdow. My dad taught me to ride his Indian "Chief" when I was about 15, it was stolen about 1980. I also had a 53 Pan Head while I was in the service that I had to sell when I shipped out, (wish I still had that one)!

Now for "Crusing" I ride a Road King Classic, and at other times when I have a need for speed I ride an M Boulevard.

Thinking back I've owned, all the Jap bikes, Harleys, Triumph, Montessa, Ossa, BMW, Indian, and Zundap.

Back