free website stats program Total Years of Riding POLL | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Total Years of Riding POLL

I notice a couple of tales about getting help to stand a bike back up. I'm going to post a separate thread on this because it may be that a lot of riders don't know how but you can stand a big bike back up without help. Look for a thread called "Bike Down?"

Storm

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here too (on bikes with engines)....looking at going into season number 3 for me. I Have to thank my husband for finding the video of the woman picking up the dresser, he showed that to me not long after we got my deuce. Hope I never have to use it, (I've been very lucky so far). Hope to be doing this when I'm 100 too!
:s

First scooter was a 1969 Honda QA50 few years later upgrade to XR 75. Got into motocross went on to a Honda 125. Got to where we would ride on dirt roads then Black tops got brave started riding mostly on black tops thats when the Law got involved got in some trouble. So got legal went to a street bike. Bought a Honda 350 from a friend rode the crap out of it.Then got first HD been on one from then on. 30 Plus years

These are some really great stories guys. Its kind of fun to reminisce about our ride careers.
Storm, wish I'd known the lifting technique earlier. I've picked my Heritage Springer up twice and an Electra Glide once in recent years. The EG had the fore & aft guards, but the springer only has the front ones. Don't remember how I did it, but I was facing the bikes and dang near ruptured myself each time. In my younger years I picked up a lot of em, but they were lighter and I was much younger. Thanks for the info.
Mac

Fourdogs

I have to hand it to you starting off on a RK and sticking with it. That's a lot of bike to start off with!
..Well thanks....never said I was real smart...lol..But it was paid for..I didn't have much of a choice...:bigsmiley24:

Good topic to read on a crappy day,it's nice to find out some thing's about other's,35 yrs. here.Started at around 11 on older brother's dirt bike's then bought my first road bike at 15, a Triumph T100R in a bunch of boxes,at 16 had it all together and was riding.At 18 bought a new '79 Sportster,then found a smoking deal on a '62 FLH,begged and borrowed enough to get it.Had a $50.00 car and three bike's,man was my dad unhappy.Later on bought a 79 Superglide(still have it),began to be the only one i rode because of dependability,so i sold the rest.I was stupid to sell the pan but can't cry over spilled milk,came upon hard time's and had to pay the bill's.Year's later here i am again,'07 Streetglide,'06 Deluxe and ole faithfull,'79 Shovel.My dad still think's i waste my money but,HARD WORK HAS IT'S BENEFIT'S.:s

Started legally in 1968 at age 16 here in the UK. Have always had a bike and that is now a total of 40 years in 3 weeks.

Latest bike Road King FLHR 2003 since new and mileage 49,000.

31 years. I started riding when I was 14 years old on a 250 Suzuki enduro type bike. I had to sell it when I was 15 (...umm...to pay for traffic tickets for driving without a license). At 16 I bought another almost exactly like it. I have owned a couple of Hondas in the 650 class and another Suzuki in the 800 class and I now ride a Dyna Wide Glide.

42 years, but only 36 on the street. Got busted by the fuzz the first time I rode my CL175 on the road and got my endorsement the next day (1971). I've owned and ridden dozens of bikes since, mostly Jap bikes including a Kawa H2, Goldwing, Triumph Trophy 250, and most recently a 1200R. I'm on a Superglide custom now, but a Road King may be in my future (I don't take corners like I used to when I was younger and more foolish). Every one I've owned has had it's own character and personality and has been an excellent machine in it's intended role. Most fun? Kawasaki Z1. Most comfort? Goldwing. Scariest ride? H2. Best all around bike? The one I own now, '08 Supergide Custom.

Last edited:
Back