Votes: 15 1.9%
  • Michelin

Votes: 61 7.7%
  • Maxxis

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 0.5%

• Total voters
Dunlop are what Harley put on the bike, they work just fine, just make sure you get rubber that can be guaranteed to be new, like produced within the last 2 months, otherwise dry rot could be a problem. that's where you start getting the cracks in the tread.

Hi,
I was running metzler tires when I change my wheels to 18" the last set I bought I had problem with them coming apart between tire thead and side wall so I change to Pirelli so far 3500 miles no problem I hope they last as I was told to expext 9000 to 12000 miles on the tires we will see!!!!!!!:bigsmiley11:

I ran Metzlers on my other bikes and had good results. Unfortunately for the SG, the only thing available for the rear is the Dunlop through HD.:(

Still have the original dunlops on, no problems and are wearing well. I will probably stick with them. I've tried many brands on different bikes but have never really noticed a difference. I guess I don't push either the bike or the tires hard enough to discriminate a difference in brands.

Back