free website stats program The Thrill is NOT Gone! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Thrill is NOT Gone!

An excellent description Randall , that's how I feel. It`s the feeling of freedom that I get. I always ask my wife if we can just keep going!!!

Tubguy along those lines...A friend has alway rode the metric machines with his wife on the back. Last season he borrowed another Friends Ultra Classic. He and his wife were riding the Ultra. As he got close to the gents house to return the Ultra his wife taps him on the back and utters..."Keep Going!":)

Honestly, even though I drive my Harley almost daily, every morning when a walk out to the garage with my morning hot cup of fresh ground/brewed joe..."the thrill...begins anew"! Yeah, all the ol' traditional stuff is there, pull the choke, roll the throttle once...click the run switch to on and hit the starter...two "chuffs" and it stirs to life...a-h-h-h is this the life or what!!! With daylight savings time in effect...the sun is out, the air is cool and the fall/winter fresh...:D

Last edited:
Honestly, even though I drive my Harley almost daily, every morning when a walk out to the garage with my morning hot cup of fresh ground/brewed joe..."the thrill...begins anew"! Yeah, all the ol' stuff traditional stuff is there, pull the choke, roll the throttle once...click the run switch to on and hit the starter...two "chuffs" and it stirs to life...a-h-h-h is this the life or what!!! With daylight savings time in effect...the sun is out, the air is cool and the fall/winter fresh...:D

Hands down my favorite riding season. (Indiana)

I also truly enjoy my Road King and also Blues music. The Thrill is gone is a great song by BB King, but another one I like is BB with Eric Clapton, Riding With The King! It always seems good when I am Riding with my King!

I've been riding for the better part of 40 years. I have never lost the passion to fire up my bike and go. Even when the temps are in the 30's in the morning. No better feeling.

Every time I can get on my bike is a GREAT day. When I ride, I can clear my head and think about NOTHING except the ride. Love it! :bigsmiley24:

Doesn't matter which Harley you ride, just that you are in the wind. Indescribable. Closest thing to fulfilling the childhood dream to be a cowboy; just with a different horse.

Back