free website stats program The Thrill is NOT Gone! | Harley Davidson Forums

The Thrill is NOT Gone!

Randall K. Wilson

Lengendary B.B. King recorded his famous song "The Thrill is Gone" in 1970 and it went to No. 15 on the charts. However my association with my 2003 Roadking is as thrilling as ever.

Do you ever feel this way about your machine? I have had my 2003 Roadking for 8 years (bought it new). Absolutely I have personalized it to my personal taste... I can set it up for a nostalgic 50's look or set it with my King tour pack and painted hard bags for trips as well. With 45k miles on it I feel like I have just begun to enjoy this cycle. Honestly when I ride it I get a certain feeling that I don't get with my Softail Deluxe. The feeling would best be described as this....I honestly feel like I am "one with the machine". As if the cycle and I were a unit. Just the way I feel in the saddle, the sound, the ride, even the way the grips feel in my hand. It is a passion that I don't think most folk would understand. Yes when we depart the world we take nothing with us. All things in this earthly life are temporal, but in the mean time I feel so blest to be the owner of my Harleys...but my 03 Roadking is the one that really spins my beanie the most!

For reasons already assigned, The Thrill Is NOT Gone.

Every time I fire my bike up, the thrill is there, even today going to the Dr for more bad news on my back, when I left and fired the Bob up WELL, you know how it feels, Capital Jack:s

Gotcha Jack. An image of my King.
100thRearSide-2.jpg

Its the part of the Harley experience that can not be explained. It happens to me just going into the garage and seeing my bike. And happens ten fold while riding.

I just went to a BB king concert and he is 85 and still blasting out the blues like he did in the 70's and I hope I am still feeling the same about my scoot when I am 85.

Its the part of the Harley experience that can not be explained. It happens to me just going into the garage and seeing my bike. And happens ten fold while riding.

Exactly.

I have had sever metric bikes throughout my life and enjoyed them all. None of them have given me the same feel or "vibe" that my Harleys have.

An excellent description Randall , that's how I feel. It`s the feeling of freedom that I get. I always ask my wife if we can just keep going!!!

Back