free website stats program The Thrill is NOT Gone! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Thrill is NOT Gone!

Riding a Harley Davidson freedom, power, ego, sensationalism, thrilling, exasperating, and most importantly a heartfelt way of life. I hope I can ride till the last day of my life!

This is my Harley, There are many kinda like it, But this one is mine.
I know every inch of this machine and how it feels, sounds and rides.
Everytime I fire it up and go for a ride, its the same but still totally different.
This is my Harley........
wilks3

might sound strange but i get a bigger thrill outta riding my thirty year old bagger than my newer bike. dont get me wrong I love em all, but the old shovel just gives me a feeling thats hard to describe. but you all know the feeling or you wouldnt be here.

might sound strange but i get a bigger thrill outta riding my thirty year old bagger than my newer bike. dont get me wrong I love em all, but the old shovel just gives me a feeling thats hard to describe. but you all know the feeling or you wouldnt be here.

Rhino the oldest HD I ever rode was a 1978 CafeRacer with the 1000CC engine. And it was a pals that I just rode around a parking lot for about 2 minutes if that. At the time I didn't dream that that model would have a certain historic distinction.

Honestly I have never had an opportunity to ride a Shovelhead, panhead or older. I always thought that would be a real treat to get to experience an older machine.

I appreciate your testimony and that drives me to want to ride an old scoot even more so. My next machine will be a Harley Davidson "Fully Dressed" and brand new. I will keep my antenna up in the event that I may someday get to ride an old shovel or panhead. That would be awesome.

I think the thrill is a wonderful feeling of the freedom of riding. This time of the year is cool and mostly bug free, a great time to ride. Here in Indiana with deer season going on you have to be on your toes. But still nice riding weather. I would also like to share a picture I just found. The picture is of my Dad and his brother and friends, Dad is 3rd from the left with his brother to the left.
Bikes0001.jpg

Rhino the oldest HD I ever rode was a 1978 CafeRacer with the 1000CC engine. And it was a pals that I just rode around a parking lot for about 2 minutes if that. At the time I didn't dream that that model would have a certain historic distinction.

Honestly I have never had an opportunity to ride a Shovelhead, panhead or older. I always thought that would be a real treat to get to experience an older machine.

I appreciate your testimony and that drives me to want to ride an old scoot even more so. My next machine will be a Harley Davidson "Fully Dressed" and brand new. I will keep my antenna up in the event that I may someday get to ride an old shovel or panhead. That would be awesome.

Owning and riding older Iron was a great thrill for me, My Pan and Shovel had a distinct thump, The Pan was a challenge til I learned how to kick start it LOL:s

I think the thrill is a wonderful feeling of the freedom of riding. This time of the year is cool and mostly bug free, a great time to ride. Here in Indiana with deer season going on you have to be on your toes. But still nice riding weather. I would also like to share a picture I just found. The picture is of my Dad and his brother and friends, Dad is 3rd from the left with his brother to the left.
Bikes0001.jpg
SJSIN, Thanks for sharing that photo. That's a cherished treasure I'm sure.

That description of the pulling of the choke and thumbing the starter button makes me want to go sit on mine and it's almost midnight. The fresh air in my face, the thump of the pipes and every time I ride to the Dr. my blood pressure is perfect and you can't smoke while riding. I only bought mine for my health.....honest, I really did.....LOL

Back