free website stats program the future HD | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

the future HD

Future HD liquid cooled VS air cooled V Twin?

• Yes, I can't wait for it!

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Cautiously optimistic

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Not too sure about it

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • I HATE the idea. Leave it alone, its a legend!

Votes: 45 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Resale value on the Harleys is a somewhat misunderstood figment of the imagination. If you bought a centennial year bike or even a SE CVO bike thinking that at resale time that it would keep a better value, think again.

I've been there and when the sale time comes it brings little if any more value than the normal bike without all the hoopla added like special paint or limited edition etc.

There are only a very few models that were made in past years that are considered "desirable" and will bring probably as much as they were new or close to it like the sturgis model for one that comes to mind. (what's left of it) :D

Resale value on the Harleys is a somewhat misunderstood figment of the imagination. If you bought a centennial year bike or even a SE CVO bike thinking that at resale time that it would keep a better value, think again.

I've been there and when the sale time comes it brings little if any more value than the normal bike without all the hoopla added like special paint or limited edition etc.

There are only a very few models that were made in past years that are considered "desirable" and will bring probably as much as they were new or close to it like the sturgis model for one that comes to mind. (what's left of it) :D

The 1990 FatBoy(1st year) with the silver frame,tank and dark yellow middle rocker box section. thats the only one I can think of along with the Sturgis

Better buy to ride em, not sell em. The reason to buy a HD is because it is a HD. I am one that wants HD to leave the air cooled V Twin alone. I have nothing against moving forward with new added models, but leave the original alone. I am sure they will. :D

I am surprised that HD has not intoduced the water cooled system into the touring models . The touring models seem to log more miles carrying more weight . I like the air cooled engine but as we all know the rear cylinder carrys more heat then the front & heat is the #1 killer to a engine . A water cooled engine would be a longer lasting engine then the air cooled . I would not have a problem with it if it became a option to the buyer & I would consider it . The pic that Smitty posted looked pretty sweet to me !!

HD *needs* a new motor for the tourers, and pretty soon IMO. 70 hp pushing a 800 LB. motorcycle is barely OK now, but will be the weakest link whenever a all new chassis is developed. They need to keep the traditional 45 degree, air cooled, engine as long as they can.
But just barely passing it through emissions at this power level isn't what the future is about for Harley. The frame mounted Road Glide also needs some time in the wind tunnel. I'd combine those two problems and come up with a modern solution, while keeping the old, traditional stuff as long as they can.

I like the air cooled engine but as we all know the rear cylinder carrys more heat then the front & heat is the #1 killer to a engine .

I keep reading this statement. Please explain to me why there are countless air cooled engines out there with 100K + miles on them if heat is such a killer. Sorry, I don'y buy it. I am not saying heat is good, just it is not the "killer" you say it is. How long does HD have to produce reliable V Twins to stop this myth? I know they are not perfect, but neither are the metrics. Personally I will take HD over any metric anyday. Its not all about perfection and there is not that much difference IMO. They have proven to be good reliable engines IMO.:newsmile107:

HD *needs* . The frame mounted Road Glide also needs some time in the wind tunnel. I'd combine those two problems and come up with a modern solution, while keeping the old, traditional stuff as long as they can.

Whats wrong with the RG Fairing?

Question in the spirit of this discussion?

If the present size touring engine was water cooled, would it sound the same as an air cooled? I dunno...

Would a blind man still know its a Harley (water cooled) if it came putting down the road?

Please respond....

they can build whatever they want as long as they dont take away from the traditional bikes. kinda like they did with the v rod. and whatever they come up with cant be as ugly as that bagger victory puts out.

All i can say is that we have to many sheep. Instead of telling Harley to change tell the EPA to back off! they have already cost enough jobs and give Califorina back to Mexico there the down fall of the country with there CARB. Keep the air cooled twin:bigsmiley12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back