free website stats program the future HD | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

the future HD

Future HD liquid cooled VS air cooled V Twin?

• Yes, I can't wait for it!

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Cautiously optimistic

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Not too sure about it

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • I HATE the idea. Leave it alone, its a legend!

Votes: 45 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Change is needed in order to make it 100 more years. look what is happening with the big 3 now. HD needs to win over a younger crowd, I know we love the Vtwin the Hard fact is HD is losing market share and fast. /QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? I find it hard to believe they are losing market share "fast". Agreed change is inevitable. It your not moving forward your dying. I am not sold that the legend can't live, with new models and improvements while still keeping their heritage, I think they are still what all else compare themselfs to. You know, "Its just as good as a HD". :33:

Porsche are now making 4X4 (an anathema, in my opinion) but if that's what it takes to still make their magnificent sports cars, so be it.
If HD have to make water cooled in line bikes or even mopeds (God forbid) to still be able to put on the road the most exciting bikes out there, I'm for it.
Maybe they could do it under a different brand.

I would like to see a Water Cooled Touring Bike from HD, The Metric Bikes have them, My Dad had 2, a Yamaha and a Kawasaki and the Yamaha Royal Star Venture would barely get Hot after a Day of Riding, You could touch the Cylinder Heads and were barely warm, You would eliminate a lot of overheating problems.

If my 09 Road Glide had been offered with a water cooled engine, I would have bought it. My Goldwing is almost 5 years old and I've never had a problem with the water cooling system and it always keeps the bike cool even when stopped in 100 degree weather.

I have become absolutely paranoid about overheating with my Road Glide. I've replaced the fluids with Mobil 1 V-Twin, etcl; installed the fan that cools off the heads; and will soon add an oil cooler.

I'm no expert but I think that H-D couild make a water cooled engine that still sounds like an air cooled model because the sound is made by the configuration of the valves, crankshaft, etc. rather than the fact that it is air cooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back