free website stats program TFI and altitude changes? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI and altitude changes?

When you think about it, the download is software and you don't get a copy on CD. Here in the U.S, taxes are not charged on labor only. Since the download is virtual, there would (or at least should not) not be taxes on the total $275 which amounts to another $20.

You guys do get slammed. But then again fast food workers here don't get paid $15/hr which I was told they earn in Canada so I guess it equals out.
Hoople, Im British columbia (Victoria) And theres no $15 hr for fast food workers... Miimum wage is $8 and has been for awhile. And as for getting taxed to death i agree we Canadians get raked through the coals! But I`d never want to live anywhere else.

Tubguy

Firstharley, be aware of the lousy and expensive duty charges,UPS isn`t too bad but fedex is a rip off. I have ordered lots from all over but when our dollar drops take everything into consideration.

That being said, I have the TFI on my FLHTCU and think it was the best purchase ever....

Last edited by a moderator:
Tubguy, I agree I wouldn't want to live anywhere else either. As for UPS I have had items delivered from the U.S. by them several times and they always charge an outrages brokerage fee, the last time it was a $90.00 dollar order and shipping was about $20.00. Over and above those charges UPS added a $45.00 brokerage fee. I have had even more items delivered by USPS which is then completed by Canada Post and have never been charged a brokerage fee. After the last time I dealt with UPS I now will not order an item unless it can be shipped by USPS. Fortunately I have only had a couple of online retailers say that they only ship UPS, most will use USPS on request.

Wayne

my gen 3 was 225.00 delivered with the discount here call them on phone and tell them what u have done to bike and they preset it tech support is great too good luck

Lots of good comments and feedback in this thread. Here's a couple of comments from us:

1). With EFI vehicles you don't really have to worry about altitude compensation for a "piggy-back" controller. Most bike ECU's are just as advanced now as your car and are making fuel adjustments based on all these environmental factors. We are just modifying the stock signal so these factors are already calculated into the adjustment.

2). We only offer our military discount to USA personnel.

3). Shipping to Canada by UPS is a pain for the end customer because of the brokerage fees. Unbelievable the country right next to us and in good relations we have such a problem with importing and exporting goods. We will ship by USPS, but the problem from a company perspective is that we can not track a package all the way to delivery when shipping by USPS. We've been burned before by end customers falsely stating they never received a package.

Thank you techsupport, I ordered the TFI yesterday and asked that it be shipped by USPS. I will post here when it arrives.

Wayne

My TFI arrived today. I had them send it by USPS and it arrived in 10 working days, not bad at all. The only extra charges above shipping and the unit cost was the GST and a $5.00 handling fee, this is far better than it would have been from UPS. Dobeck had packaged the unit very well to avoid any damage. Thanks for shipping it out so promptly, now I just have to wait for the weather to warm up so I can install everything, unfortunately my garage is not heated.

Wayne

My TFI arrived today. I had them send it by USPS and it arrived in 10 working days, not bad at all. The only extra charges above shipping and the unit cost was the GST and a $5.00 handling fee, this is far better than it would have been from UPS. Dobeck had packaged the unit very well to avoid any damage. Thanks for shipping it out so promptly, now I just have to wait for the weather to warm up so I can install everything, unfortunately my garage is not heated.

Wayne

I now ride in the Alps, never had a problem with the TFI.

I think you will find it's a great product.

re: install.. don't know about the new ones, but when I fitted mine,
the best advise I can give is an empty gas tank. :)
and some patience..

Back