free website stats program Street glide vs. Road Glide | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street glide vs. Road Glide

I test rode both a few weeks ago and intended to buy whichever felt the best to me and the SG was my choice. The deciding factor was I didn't like how far out the RG fairing sits away from me. Just my personal preference....Now I am considering going with different bars and see that whatever I choose for the SG has to clear the fixed mirrors!

Not true - you can remove the fixed mirrors, plug the holes, and install handlebar mounted mirrors.

Just finished a 7+k trip on my RG. There was a Ultra and a SG along on the trip also. 2 days in west Texas with a 25-30 mph cross wind and the others were beat up from buffeting. Didn't seem to bother me that much, but I hear you gotta be tough out west. :D I love my RG.

I vote for the Street Glide. Being old at heart and young in age, I just couldn't do an Ultra or RG... Just feels like an old guys bikes... Sorry

If your SG looks better then my old guys bike then put up a pic !! This is not a CVO bike & it handels better the a batwing bike . JMO but a RG is a better handling bike and you dont look like everyone else . It is a matter of choice so you should make a choice that you will be happy with .

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 48
No matter what you ride or decide to buy, SG, Ultra, RG, Sporty or even a Goldwing... enjoy the road, the times with good friends and have fun! We are all on 2 wheels.

Ride safe and have fun!

No matter what you ride or decide to buy, SG, Ultra, RG, Sporty or even a Goldwing... enjoy the road, the times with good friends and have fun! We are all on 2 wheels.

Ride safe and have fun!

Wave when you go by. We are all brothers and sisters when we are on the road.

I've never bought a motorcycle using logic. It's much too important a decision for that. If you listen one will speak to you! When I bought my Road Glide I was just looking to move up to a touring bike. I went into the local dealer and there she was. Deep Cobalt Blue and gorgeous. I walked right past the other touring models and I swear she said "come on big boy, take me home". I've never questioned my decision.

That's how you choose a bike! :D

Well I decided on my bike I had a new 2010 Cherry red Street Glide picked out and I took one more stroll through Cycle Trader and found a really nice bike. The owner was real nice and came down a lot on his price. The bike is a 2007 Street Glide with only 1200 miles on it and lots of extras including rinehart true duals. To me 15,000 dollars was a fair price considering all the extras. I wanted to go pick it up tonight but I couldn't con anyone into an 8hr trip last minute. The extra money from my bike settlement can go for more mods or the wonderful medical bills. I orginally planned on painting the bike red when I got it but the black is growing on me again. Only thing I don't like about the bike is that the doctor said I'll have the cast on my arm for another 8 weeks plus therapy and surgery to remove hardware so I'll just get to stare at her in the garage :bigsmiley32:

Thanks again for the input and ride safe

I attached a few pics

Attachments

• new bike.jpg
    new bike.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 251
  • new bike ii.jpg
    new bike ii.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 251
I chose the Street Glide due to the fact that I couldn't stand that shark nose fairing(the look). I sat on the RG and wasn't interested in riding it. The fairing looked two car lengths ahead of me. Of course...these are all personal opinions and the look of the RG has grown on me somewhat over the last couple years. I will ride my buddies 2010 this season.

"There's a butt for every seat"

Back