free website stats program Street glide vs. Road Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street glide vs. Road Glide

In my opinion the RG reminds me of a goldwing [fixed fairing]. Sorry fellas. I hope I didn't make anyone mad:(

I'm not expert ,but I have freinds that own both.........I love the look of the bat wing over the RG fairing and I love the look of the SG as a whole.......But the SG doesnt ride like the rest of the touring group ,someone said it earlyer about the SG beieng more suited to solo riding .....I own a RKC but Ive riden them all .......I think if HD would fix mount the Bat wing and leave the bikes stance alone and put the passing lamps on it it would be the combo that I would go with.........as some said earlyer the RG fairing does buffit some but the fixed mount in my opion is much better for touring......hence my choose of the fixed mounted bat wing( if it was a option)......either way have fun shopping and enjoy your new toy ...........................Keith.

I have owned 3 Road Glides and although I have not owned a Batwing model, I have rode them. I think the difference between the bikes is negligible, same frame, same motor, same controls.
I think biglew has his points but I have not found there to be much difference in the wind buffeting, course I changed my seat, windshield and handlebars on all 3 of my RG's, maybe that's why I didn't see a difference.
I think the BIG difference between the bikes is the seat position. The FLH bikes seem to push me forward towards the fairing more, I think Harley designed it this way to make more room for the passenger. I think the RG was fashioned for the Motor Cops at first and then evolved into what it is today. The RG, to me is more of a 1 up touring bike than the Electra Glide.
Anyway rental is a great idea, make sure you take your passenger with ya too!

There are no safety, mechanical or technical down sides to either bike - It is mostly style and ride which is a personal preferrence. I really like the rental idea which would let YOU decide which bike best fits your riding and style preference. Everyone has an opinion, but at the end of the day, you should purchase the one that is going to make you happy.

I test rode both a few weeks ago and intended to buy whichever felt the best to me and the SG was my choice. The deciding factor was I didn't like how far out the RG fairing sits away from me. Just my personal preference....Now I am considering going with different bars and see that whatever I choose for the SG has to clear the fixed mirrors!

I vote for the Street Glide. Being old at heart and young in age, I just couldn't do an Ultra or RG... Just feels like an old guys bikes... Sorry

I have been on a Road Glide for over two years now. Everyone I have let ride it wishes they had one. Even my brothers with Ultra's and Street Glides. Radio is no problem as mentioned by others with the controls on the bars, and even if you need to reach for the radio it's not that far a reach.

Fixed fairing does freak you out for the first few turns, but then you adjust to not seeing the wheel turn and the fairing staying straight.

I will eventually get another bike for the around the town and short trips, but for the long haul I wouldn't give up my RG for anything.

Ride each of the bikes and then decide for yourself.

You won't need to get used to the fixed fairing. That's a strange argument I have been hearing for years. I have owned a couple of SG's, and a RK as well as many other models in the past. When I first drove a RG someone asked me about the fixed fairing, and my honest reply was that I never even thought for a second about it, or noticed it. Reason being when your leaning into a turn, your not looking at the fairing anyway. What you will notice right off the bat is how much nicer it handles. I only had mine for a little over a week and I can't say enough good about it. Again, I just came from owning two SG's and my only complaint about the RG is that I wish I would have got one sooner. If your a tall person you will also feel like you have so much more room on the RG compared to the SG. Good luck in your choice. Either way your getting a great bike.

after pouring much thought into a new bike my insurance adjuster calls to inform me that they are now going to fix my road king. i didnt get all details since i was in surgery to repair damage to my wrist from the accident :( hence no capitals :D now i get to bring back my bike after i thought hope was lost. if all goes as planned i will add new mods to my road king. thanks for all the advice, who knows i might need it if they change their mind again:bigsmiley30:

Back