free website stats program Step Son's Friends want my scoot | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Step Son's Friends want my scoot

OOPS I guess I did not think that far ahead looks like a smack coming my way:pelao may be she will knock my stash off

looks like you got your smilie:D i am a bit surprised that Glider didn't put a stash on the smackie and red hair on the smacker.. he must be slipping

looks like you got your smilie:D i am a bit surprised that Glider didn't put a stash on the smackie and red hair on the smacker.. he must be slipping

Dont encourage him:p He will do it any way:bigsmiley36:

I took my son's Honda 600R something or another out to my old dragstrip road. First thing I noticed, the tank needed a big dent in it to fit me. Anyway, just shifted as I listened to engine rpm up. Well my hearing isn't as it was, I was impressed at 120MPH in 5th gear, and its a 6-speed. That was enough, took back to son and told him of my ride. When he stopped laughing, "120 in 5th, why were you dogging it?". He said 185 scared him, and it was still pulling! These are out and out race machines, period. I can see why "If they don't kill themselves, they'll get a Harley".
wilks3

When I went down to Texas in mid March, my buddy had just got a 2005 Hyabusa. That thing was faster then I was ready for. It was a lot of fun, especially down there on the open highway. But, I was only on it for maybe 30 minutes, and I was ready to get off of it. I can do 900 miles on the Ultra in a day, and sometime this summer I will break the 1000 mark, just to say I did it.
As far as your sons friends, envy is a deadly sin, and thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

I took my son's Honda 600R something or another out to my old dragstrip road. First thing I noticed, the tank needed a big dent in it to fit me. Anyway, just shifted as I listened to engine rpm up. Well my hearing isn't as it was, I was impressed at 120MPH in 5th gear, .... .... .... I can see why "If they don't kill themselves, they'll get a Harley".
wilks3

When I went down to Texas in mid March, my buddy had just got a 2005 Hyabusa. That thing was faster then I was ready for. ... ... ... ... ...

When I took my basic riders course, the instructor had 3 bikes. One was a Harley, and I don't remember what the other 2 where (but they were not Harleys). He told the class that one of them would do 100 mph in 1st gear. I was amazed. I remember rail dragsters back in the day had only one gear, but they just dump the clutch and let the tires spin.

I've never heard of a street bike that would do that much in 1st gear. It's just amazing to me how the clutch would deal with that, or else the engine would have to top out in a very high rpm range. Just blew my mind trying to get under the physics of that.

When I took my basic riders course, the instructor had 3 bikes. One was a Harley, and I don't remember what the other 2 where (but they were not Harleys). He told the class that one of them would do 100 mph in 1st gear. I was amazed. I remember rail dragsters back in the day had only one gear, but they just dump the clutch and let the tires spin.

I've never heard of a street bike that would do that much in 1st gear. It's just amazing to me how the clutch would deal with that, or else the engine would have to top out in a very high rpm range. Just blew my mind trying to get under the physics of that.

It would hit aprox 60 in first and I wasn't on the limiter. The weird thing was when I first go on it I was expecting a little weight being that its a 1300. The thing was lighter (feeling anyway) then my 74 xlch. I'm not saying that I would never own one, but it is not top on the list of priorities. I think it would be much more fun to ride one on a closed track though. Cagers have a hard enough time spotting a H/D that is doing the speed limit.

Here's an interesting bit of info regarding younger riders and Harleys from.
Matt King - Editor "Hog Magazine"

"Harley Riders Are Old and Getting Older" How often have you heard that vague claim, either in the press or from another rider, usually not riding a Harley? To some uninformed observers, we're just a bunch of middle-aged white guys getting even older and grayer, but would it surprise you to learn that Harley-Davidson actually sells more [road going] motorcycles in the U.S. to people under the age of 35 than any other motorcycle company?

I have to admit it surprised me a bit when I saw the data from automotive research firm R.L. Polk, which reviewed the registrations of all motorcycles sold in the U.S. and found that beginning in 2008 H-D became the top-selling brand in sales of new on-road motorcycles to young adults aged 18-34, popularly know[n] as Generation Y. In 2009, we extended that lead (the numbers aren't in yet for 2010). And that's for all displacement motorcycles, not just heavyweight bikes. If we only measure heavyweight bikes over 650cc, we've been number 1 for some time.

Here's an interesting bit of info regarding younger riders and Harleys from. Matt King - Editor "Hog Magazine"
"Harley Riders Are Old and Getting Older" ... .... .. .. ... .. but would it surprise you to learn that Harley-Davidson actually sells more [road going] motorcycles in the U.S. to people under the age of 35 than any other motorcycle company?
. ... .. ..... ... . If we only measure heavyweight bikes over 650cc, we've been number 1 for some time.

Yep, in fact when I think about it's obvious to me that the big Japan makers (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki) have noticed this. You can see it in their big touring models as well as they're answer to the Dynas in the VTX, Boulevard Cruisers etc. And some of them are one heck of package for the money. If they could get their styling out of left field and concentrate more on just copying HD, then MoCo might have to tighten up and get a bit more competitive.

Back