free website stats program Sportster for Xmas! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster for Xmas!

totally agree with the safety course. I saw people in the class I took that hadn't ridden before and were able to pick it up pretty quick and passed the course. Passing the course keeps youfrom needing to pass the states riding exam in Missouri.

As cruiser4 is based in the uk his wife will have to complete a cbt compulsory basic training this course lasts up to 2 days and the rider is given a certificate to say they have passed the course and allowed to ride on the public roads
This allows them to ride a 125cc restricted bhp motorcycle
the rider may then if they are holders os a full car licence and i think over 21 do a driver training course lasts 5 days and sit a driving test at the end of it before they can take a larger motorcycle on the road

Brian

Welcome Debbiedv to the HDTimeline forum...home to many riders and enthusiasts sharing their ideas and experiences making their rides better.

Sounds like the jolly red man was busy this year...enjoy the ride and share your thoughts after putting a few miles on your new bike! Keep safe and more...:newsmile062:

Congrats Debbie - nice looking red sportster!!

Well guys, as Brian & Hobbit pointed out, we've just booked both the CBT and the five day direct access course. We met with the instructor and I feel reassured at the level of detail she'll have to go through (videod throughout), much tougher than my 45 minute test without lessons back in 1980.

I might be crazy with this next step, but I've also booked two motorail tickets to Italy in August (so i hope she passes?), then we're gonna ride over to lake Garda for 2 nights, up to lake Como, over the alps through Switzerland, France, Germany & Holland back to the UK. We've got ten days to get back, so no more than 100 miles a day. Can't flippin wait!!

When my wife was doing her training i furnished her with suitable clothing for being on a bike in poor weather and she needed it she did fail her test on the first occasion and had a retest a month later a couple of days before xmas so it was cold and wet but beware first time passes do not always happen
my wife is a proffesional driver (touring coaches) passed her pcv after 4 days training and first test

Brian

Well me and the Mrs have been dreaming about her taking her bike test and riding her own Harley across to France and spain maybe in the near future, we usually talk like this after we've sunk a bottle of red wine or two? So knowing that most dreams don't actually come true, I thought i'd kick start this one so that there's little chance of us putting it off until the time was right, or maybe the next solar eclipse or something?? So I bought her this sportster for Xmas, and she totally loves it! Do you guys think she'll be alright, this being her first ever bike?

Hey Cruiser4. You're setting the bar rather high for the rest of us for next Christmas!!:D.
That's a lovely bike you got your lady and she is very lucky. Unless mine eyes deceive me - those are not stock pipes are they? Has it been Staged? I like the cast wheels and the sissy bar as well. Your trip sounds awesome and I hope she passes her test first time. Ride safe.

Wow! What a lucky girl!

Encourage her to get in that saddle every day even if it's a ride around the block for an hour! We live near the Los Angeles Zoo and they have a portion of their parking lot where we can practice figure 8's, circles, etc. If you haven't already, find someplace like that where she won't have the worries of traffic at first.

YOU'RE A GOOD MAN! :small3d028:

Back