free website stats program Sportster for Xmas! | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster for Xmas!

Cruiser4

Well me and the Mrs have been dreaming about her taking her bike test and riding her own Harley across to France and spain maybe in the near future, we usually talk like this after we've sunk a bottle of red wine or two? So knowing that most dreams don't actually come true, I thought i'd kick start this one so that there's little chance of us putting it off until the time was right, or maybe the next solar eclipse or something?? So I bought her this sportster for Xmas, and she totally loves it! Do you guys think she'll be alright, this being her first ever bike?

Attachments

• Harley morning 006.jpg
    Harley morning 006.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 101
Sure, add a safety course or advanced rider course and enjoy the ride

Are all bikes allowed in the house or only the wifes
just remember from now on any money you spend on bikes will be for the wifes bike ( well thats what she gets told ) and you always get away with the spend
My wife rode a sportster for her first big bike for a couple of years she now ribes a wide glide
after first passing her cbt she rode a honda 125 under my supervision for a few months prior to doing more training then on second attempt passed her test
But having a bike there ready for her is a big motivator (didnt let wife touch her sportster till she had passed her test)
Hope all goes well for her

Brian

Brian beat me to it, gotta love the gal parking the bike in the house...certainly worthwhile exchange for take'in out the trash...that gal is a keeper no? :rofl

Thanks Guys, we both appreciate your feedback (very reassuring)and the safety course sounds a great idea. The bike was in the kitchen to increase the surprise factor Christmas morning and because it was -2 degrees Celsius next to my Fatboy in the garage, but we’re both getting to like the look of the kitchen with the Sportster in it.

Wow, What a GREAT Christmas present, I'm sure she is thrilled, The Safety course should be a must... If available try to enroll in one where they provide training bikes. Usually these are lighter & will help her get use to the feel. I wish for you many happy & safe miles riding together.

Wow, what does a person have to do to get on your Christmas list???:D

Awesome gift - should've posted a pic of the moment your wife saw the bike.

As stated previously a safety course would be recommended. My gal got an 883 this past June, and it lasted a couple of months until she felt a 1200 would be better so she now rides an '07 1200 and loves it.

Back