free website stats program Sportster for Xmas! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster for Xmas!

do i think she will be ok ermmmm let me think ER YES sportster are awesome, if its and 883 you can get it restrictied and she can ride it on a part one licence for 2 yrs then get it de restricted, but if you planning on riding in France then may i suggest the 5day direct access

umm, Hobbit, can you tell me exactly how a restriction is done,
and an idea of the price ?

The wife is thinking Buell but a bit afraid the motor is too strong
for her. Restricting the engine might be an option for us,
since it looks extremely difficult to get a Blast over in Europe.

TIA for any info

Congrats Debbie - nice looking red sportster!!

Well guys, as Brian & Hobbit pointed out, we've just booked both the CBT and the five day direct access course. We met with the instructor and I feel reassured at the level of detail she'll have to go through (videod throughout), much tougher than my 45 minute test without lessons back in 1980.

I might be crazy with this next step, but I've also booked two motorail tickets to Italy in August (so i hope she passes?), then we're gonna ride over to lake Garda for 2 nights, up to lake Como, over the alps through Switzerland, France, Germany & Holland back to the UK. We've got ten days to get back, so no more than 100 miles a day. Can't flippin wait!!

hmm, sounds like you'll be rising right past me ! :)

I'm on Lago Maggiore.

So shoot a pm if you like, we can hook up for part of the ride with you. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
umm, Hobbit, can you tell me exactly how a restriction is done,
and an idea of the price ?

The wife is thinking Buell but a bit afraid the motor is too strong
for her. Restricting the engine might be an option for us,
since it looks extremely difficult to get a Blast over in Europe.

TIA for any info

hmm, sounds like you'll be rising right past me ! :)

I'm on Lago Maggiore.

So shoot a pm if you like, we can hook up for part of the ride with you. :D

Restriction is done by adding air flow restrictor to the inlet of the cylinders basically its a big washer the hole in the middle is the correct size to reduce power of bike to below 33 bhp
these restrictors are tailored to a specific motorcycle and i think they have to be fitted and certified by an mot tester to ensure compliance

Brian

That's a great Idea Mz, in fact we've just found the ideal place not far from us to safely give her time in the saddle. A touch of your Californian weather wouldn't go a miss either, we're still waiting for the frosty mornings to pass!

Cruiser!

Back