free website stats program speed | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

speed

I know we are 9 pages into this thread, but if I wanted to go fast the last thing I would have purchased was a Harley. I bought my Harley because it is made in the USA, it is built like a tank, it has a mystique and a history unlike any other bike and I have wanted one since I was a kid.

I now have one and the last thing I think about when I am riding is going fast. I am enjoying the wind in my face and looking at the scenery. If you want to go fast buy a rice burner. If you want to enjoy riding and smell the flowers, buy a Harley.

The above is just my opinion, unaffected by any lobbyists whatsoever.:panic

I know we are 9 pages into this thread, but if I wanted to go fast the last thing I would have purchased was a Harley. I bought my Harley because it is made in the USA, it is built like a tank, it has a mystique and a history unlike any other bike and I have wanted one since I was a kid.

I now have one and the last thing I think about when I am riding is going fast. I am enjoying the wind in my face and looking at the scenery. If you want to go fast buy a rice burner. If you want to enjoy riding and smell the flowers, buy a Harley.

The above is just my opinion, unaffected by any lobbyists whatsoever.:panic
I totally agree! Did the Sport Bike thing, got it out of my system and now just want to focus on the riding expirence. Just can't beat the sole of a Harlet!

Brother, there are a million guys who wish they had a car that could accomplish that! A loving wife of 33 years is something to be truly thankful for, and if that Gremlin was any small part of that, then that car was cooler than anything I ever owned, I can tell ya that! :)

You're a very lucky guy!
The CARS............wasn't that something?? I got dusted by a 426 Hemi Cuda Shaker in a stoplight run back in the 70's, the bump stick in that thing made it sound like a nitro fuelie, it was red and when I pulled up to the light the guy reached down and pulled a something to open up the Headers, man that car was nothing but FAST. I thought nothing could outrun my Honda 750F off the line, all I saw after that Cuda launched was tail lights and smoke.

I know we are 9 pages into this thread
=====================================================
Gasbag; Speaking of speed; Here's how to get a little more out of your site browsing. Go to your profile and find settings and options, scroll down and you will see an option of how many posts to display per page. Select 40. That way you won't have to page so often, makes reading posts easier, cuz I always have to go back and reread. :)

I know we are 9 pages into this thread
=====================================================
Gasbag; Speaking of speed; Here's how to get a little more out of your site browsing. Go to your profile and find settings and options, scroll down and you will see an option of how many posts to display per page. Select 40. That way you won't have to page so often, makes reading posts easier, cuz I always have to go back and reread. :)

Thank you sir: I appreciate it. My index finger was getting spasms from clicking to advance the pages.:(

I have had my '07 UC to 117 on GPS in 5th gear and backed off of it. I just wanted to know what it would do.I wish I knew what all has been done to it if anything,I know it has duals and a K&N AC,other than that who knows.I was riding with a friend on a chopped 1200 Sporty and he left me like I was tied.This was on a 4 lane straight and level with no traffic and open fields on both sides so we could see any suicidal critters.I don't do that often,I'm like most others I like to cruise at 70 or 75 on the slabs and 5 or 10 over the speed limit on the 2 lanes.I once talked to a dude on a Boss Hogg with a Stroker engine and Nitrous it sounded like a top fuel dragster he said he had no idea how fast it would go and the first thing he did when he got it was unhook the bottle,he said the thought of touching that button with the engine running and in gear scared him to death.I'd like to ride one just once.

I can relate to the 'Cuda thing. I actually had 1 Barracuda and 2 'Cudas. One of my 'Cuda was a '71 440 six-pac the other a '73 340 car. Even though the 426 hemi was rated at 425hp and 490 ft lbs @4000 rpm whereas the 440 six-pac had the same torque rating of 490 ft-lbs but it was @3200 rpm but only 390 horses. I sure remember those cars like it was yesterday. Had to get rid of the six-pac. Wrecked it twice before I realized I could not handle all that power at such a young age.

My questions is...why??? I bought my bagger to "cruise" the highways & byways - not to see how fast it will go. Can't understand why someone would want to take the cadillac of HD cruisers over 100mph...:small3d011:

Straight stretch of highway.......Why 100 + ?:eam Cause you can! :bigsmiley8:Oh and it feels like 80 on the big boys.:rider

Back