free website stats program Spark plug replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark plug replacement

BuffaloBill

Hey Guys & Gals

When do you replace your spark plugs I like to change them out at 7500

Not to change the subject but I was at the dealer yesterday to change out the lean angle on the Ultra side stand and it seems that every time I leave the bike for service the bike seems to run much better has anyone else experienced this or is it just my imagination I am not talking about tune up or fluid changes (I do my own) I mean just in general

BuffaloBILL

I have 13,000 on my bike & I have changed the plugs twice but the plugs I took out look almost like new & I carry two of the used plug on the bike for spares . The way I look at it plugs are cheap & to change them early makes me feel better (same with the fluids) ! It seems that doing a tuneup on the newer bikes is plug replacement & air filter changes or cleaning , everything else is done with the computer .

In the fall ,when I do my pre-winter service,and in another 1000miles,I want to see what they look like after the winter modifications

now that i think i got mine tuned the way i want i am getting ready to change them .. then prob once a year

Back