free website stats program Smart Phones | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Phones

I bought my wife an Iphone4 for her birthday back in October, she loves it and I have to say she can get alot of info from it. Also got the otterbox for protection if she drops it, I can't believe the box was $50, but it was all that was available at the time.
Now if I can just get her off that dang thing.

The Otter Box is worth the $$. I used one on my BB when I was working in the field. I kept the plastic cover on it since I was at the mercy of the elements. I would normally leave the phone in the truck, but at that time my dad was sick & the mother-in-law was in her last stages of cancer, didn't want to miss any calls.

That phone was dropped from 10-12' several times, carried in rain, lost in snow & who knows what else. The phone itself only had one small place on the battery cover where the Otter Box broke apart on one of the higher drops. :s

Now that I work on the inside, I don't go for the Otter Box, but I still keep a cover of some kind on the phone. Worth the money IMO.

I am in the same boat, except a much older phone BB7520 with Nextel. Years ago I used the walkie talkie all the time now I barley use it. Refuse to buy AT&T so that leaves Sprint, Verizon, TMobile. But I need my clients info and my computer info to sync thus the blackberry. I think Sprint leds at this point but I'm going to wait until this 7520 totally quits and decide then. My little company watches it pennies.

I just went from a BB Tour to an HTC Evo. I love it.

I have an Otterbox Defender, like I did on my BB.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The Otter Box is worth the $$. I used one on my BB when I was working in the field. I kept the plastic cover on it since I was at the mercy of the elements. I would normally leave the phone in the truck, but at that time my dad was sick & the mother-in-law was in her last stages of cancer, didn't want to miss any calls.

That phone was dropped from 10-12' several times, carried in rain, lost in snow & who knows what else. The phone itself only had one small place on the battery cover where the Otter Box broke apart on one of the higher drops. :s

Now that I work on the inside, I don't go for the Otter Box, but I still keep a cover of some kind on the phone. Worth the money IMO.

No doubt that some type of protection is needed for the things because of mishaps, but I was still shocked at the price of the otterbox.

My wife and I just got BB 9670's, flip BB's, 3g, on Sprint @2 months ago. We are very happy with these phones, these phones can do way more things than we will ever use. The call quality and signal strength is top notch. Surfing the internet is easily done, but it does take a little longer because you have to blow up every page to see it clearly because of the smaller screen size, maybe my eyes are just old and tired. As with so many other things in life, like bikes for instance, what works for some, may not work for others. But for what my wife and I do with our phones, texting, IM'ing, looking stuff up on the internet, e-mail, and even talking on it, the 9670 BB's work great.

I decided to go with the HTC Evo 4 G...Radio Shack has a deal till Christmas Eve on them for $100 with trade in of an old working cell phone. Plus its only $200 to get out early in the contract. So at most I'll spend $300. Verizon and ATT wants $200 0r more for the phones that are about the same,,Droid X and iphone. They want $350 to get out early on contracts. Plus my monthly bill is only about $80 for everything unlimited. The way I look at it ,, if I want the new iphone with Verizon later,,,I've only spent $100 more with the earlry cancellation fee with sprint meaning I would have spent $200 for a new phone elsewhere and I can see my new Evo for $100.

I'm with bwalsh22. All depends on what is important to you. BB's are the king of email - they are great. If you are looking for apps, Droids are good, so are iPhones. I switched from a BB to a Driod X. I can live with the email on the Driod but it doesn't work as well as the BB (connecting to Exchange, the Driod works real well with Gmail). If web browsing is important - the Droid works better, you can also use it as a GPS, with turn by turn navigation via Google Maps - and it works really good.

I'm not a big Apple fan so I probalby will never have a iPhone (even when it makes it to Verizon) - just now starting looking at iPods... My Dell DJ Jr just isn't cutting it any more ;-)

Looked at Otterbox for the HTC Evo today...they are much cheaper in value than they used to be. Plastic is thin and cheap, made in china....won't get one. Very dissapointed,, My BB's Otterbox was made much better.

Back