free website stats program Smart Phones | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Phones

I'm with bwalsh22. All depends on what is important to you. BB's are the king of email - they are great. If you are looking for apps, Droids are good, so are iPhones. I switched from a BB to a Driod X. I can live with the email on the Driod but it doesn't work as well as the BB (connecting to Exchange, the Driod works real well with Gmail). If web browsing is important - the Droid works better, you can also use it as a GPS, with turn by turn navigation via Google Maps - and it works really good.

I'm not a big Apple fan so I probalby will never have a iPhone (even when it makes it to Verizon) - just now starting looking at iPods... My Dell DJ Jr just isn't cutting it any more ;-)

Groundhawg, the problem with Apple is that they make a really great product and have really great customer support. :s Unfortunately for me, is that I have to pay top $$ for their products, but since I buy it and use it, and don't have to fight with it to make it work with anything else that is non-Apple, it is worth it to me. :( For them to have as big a bite in the market and the only item that did not go straight to the top of the reviews was the iphone 4 says a lot. The last time I looked, it looked like the problems with the iphone were promptly worked out too.

Looked at Otterbox for the HTC Evo today...they are much cheaper in value than they used to be. Plastic is thin and cheap, made in china....won't get one. Very dissapointed,, My BB's Otterbox was made much better.

DD, I haven't looked at the newer Otterboxes since I have an inside job now & I'm not out in the elements. I have noticed that on the phones I do see in the OB's now are much smaller now, I guess they had to scale things down so the guys in the slacks could still slide the phone in their pockets, not the big beefy case that was proven to be bomb proof from a couple of years ago. Not sure I would trust the 'new' OB to the tests I put the old one through.

Groundhawg, the problem with Apple is that they make a really great product and have really great customer support. :s Unfortunately for me, is that I have to pay top $$ for their products, but since I buy it and use it, and don't have to fight with it to make it work with anything else that is non-Apple, it is worth it to me. :( For them to have as big a bite in the market and the only item that did not go straight to the top of the reviews was the iphone 4 says a lot. The last time I looked, it looked like the problems with the iphone were promptly worked out too.

I agree - Apple does make a good product. My issue is more with the culture that is Apple - and its more with the computer end than the phone end. I could go on for a while on it but I don't want to derail the thread or get on the Apple blacklist :D

I have had the HTC EVO 4G for about 2 months now. Great phone. Didn't think I would ever be texting on a phone but it's easy with this one. You can speak the text if you want to. The phone works great with all my email accounts. I have Suddenlink as my internet provider and the wifi works great too. It's a mini computer with a phone added in. It has two cameras and does HD video. Tons of apps for just about anything you want to do. I bought the belt clip to carry mine. Very secure. I did get the extended battery cause if you stay with the standard one you will be charging it all the time. It uses alot of juice..but like I stated above..it's a mini computer and it uses lots of juice. Best deal is with Sprint everything is unlimited....text, web, calls to other cell phones.
Merry Christmas to you.
JP

I am Apples biggest fan. I have a massive Imac which inspired me to buy my Macbook Pro. I considered an Iphone but the problem in the UK is that the Iphone contracts are expensive and you don't get a lot. I have had Blackberrys in the past and they were great but the internet was rubbish on them. I got my first droid last Sep (HTC Hero) and it was completely brilliant. When I had a bike accident in October, I destroyed the phone, and had it replaced with a HTC Desire. It does everything brilliantly. I use a google mail account and everything syncs brilliantly. Phone is amazing, camera, great and easy to send the pic I just took by email, internet is very good and fast, google maps brilliant. Its great and probably won't be replaced when I am due an upgrade in May. Techradar rates it the best Android phone of 2010.

Oh, and my package is with Orange. 600 anytime cross network minutes, unlimited internet, 100 texts, and unlimited landlines for £30 a month. I never go over my package limit as a heavy self employed business user.

I have the Iphone 3GS, and love it
Lots of free APPs and easy to use and download
I was waiting to upgreade, because of the issues with the 4th Gen

Back