free website stats program Sky Diving and Rafting | Harley Davidson Forums

Sky Diving and Rafting

EnjoyingTheRyde

Has anybody on here ever been sky diving or white water rafting? I won a gift certificate for 2 to jump out a plane and, raft a class 5 river. I'm thinking about doing this during our August vacation. The jump will be from about 11,000' in the Baxter State Park area here in Maine. We'll be hooked up tandem with an instructor and have a free fall of a little under a minute. The raft trip will be on Maines' Penobscot River which flows near the south edge of Baxter Park. I'm just a wee bit nervous about both, never jumped or rafted.

Never been rafting but I have more than 160 jumps counting the service and pleasure jumping. Sky Diving is as free as you can get, next best is riding a motorcycle. Give jumping and rafting a try, but don't blame me if you get hooked.

I go rafting every year and love it. Did a few class 5s and many class 4 rivers. It is a blast. Jumped from a plane once and it was amazing. Once that chute opens and catches air it goes from loud and violent to instantly quite and peaceful. Awesome feeling. Do it!

AJ

Not all instructors are male. How about a woman strapped to your back?

Being in the air force, I was taught that you should never jump out of a plane that isn't on it's way down :D

Sky diving is on my list of things to do, but have not gone yet. Be careful though as was pointed out it can be addicting. The guy I got my bike from was selling cause he got into sky diving and just did not have time to ride anymore (not that he had much time before that with only 1700 miles on the bike)

Rafting, yes, but only up to Class IV's which were a blast. If I had some friends around to go with more often I would make it a point to do this a few times a year as I really enjoy it. All except the time me and 2 other guys decided to go in October...water was a wee bit too cold.

Here is where we went Youghiogheny River Rafting Trips | rafting.com
We did the lower, with plans to do the upper, but no time.

Amen to that, like Glider said..."--why jump out of a perfectly good airplane, specially when you have all the smarts upstairs to fix the plane if it ever got into trouble..??!!" :newsmile100:

I did something "safer" and did the white water rafting thing...it was a blast and met some mighty fine people out in the wilderness that enjoyed the great outdoors just as much. :newsmile090:

Last edited:
Back