free website stats program Sky Diving and Rafting | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sky Diving and Rafting

Not all instructors are male. How about a woman strapped to your back?

Got one of those already. Been married 25 years.

I've been skydiving and rafting. Both were a thrill but skydiving was truly frightening. I did solo jumps by hanging on the strut under the wing of the plane my first 2 jumps. No freefall. First jump, my slider didn't come down and I think I was supposed to cut and go to my reserve. I didn't. Fought the slider all the way down. I think that was a no no. But I'm here. No desire to jump again.

I've been skydiving and rafting. Both were a thrill but skydiving was truly frightening. I did solo jumps by hanging on the strut under the wing of the plane my first 2 jumps. No freefall. First jump, my slider didn't come down and I think I was supposed to cut and go to my reserve. I didn't. Fought the slider all the way down. I think that was a no no. But I'm here. No desire to jump again.

Now that is starting to scare me when sliding is a no no...FALLING OUT OF A PLANE! Like saying it is not the fall that kills you, it is the sudden stop...AHHHH:bigsmiley30:

Last edited:
As the old saying goes, "There are only two things that fall out of the sky. Bird (EDIT) and fools. I used to jump when I was younger. Made over 800 jumps in civilian life and a military exhibition team. Is it addicting? You bet it is, if your an adrenalin junkie like I was then. Now, not so much. Things have changed a lot since I jumped and it's much safer now with new rigs and more stringent rules. I started when I was 16, about 46 years ago and jumped for about 15 years. Rafting? I went once on a river in West Virginia and had a great time. Don't remember the class of rapids, but it was probably the beginners. If your still young and healthy, go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man are you ever in for a rush. The freefall will totally knock your socks off, I bet you'll be screaming until the cute opens. The canopy drop is sorta boring after the ff, but very sureal. Bring a dispo camera with you so you can take pics on the way down...something you will never forget.

You'll love sky diving! I have about 1500 jumps total with static line, HALO, and freefall. It's actually safer them most people think. With all my jumps I've only had one major mishap in the air and it was easily delt with using experiance and the basic set of rule for all sky divers. FEEL THE RUSH!

I did both. I jumped at 13,500ft and rafted down the yellowstone river. Both were great. Once on the jump is enough however rafting was nice and scenic.

I'll take that to mean she rides on the back of your scoot...:D

Bring a dispo camera with you so you can take pics on the way down

Didn't think of the disposable camera... Sounds like a good idea... I'll post a pic or 2 after we do it... We're going to be video taped also...

Boy, the adrenaline is starting to flow just thinking about this... Well, we have a week of northern ME fishing later this month, then a 4 day camping/music festival in CT at the end of the month, the jump will happen during an August vacation, right after my 48th b-day...

Some people have a bucket list, I have a list of things to NEVER do. Jump out of a perfectly good plane, white water raft, bungie jump, stick head in lions mouth, put hand in any cage with an animal, tell the wife she looks fat in those jeans, you get the idea. I would rather sit in the back yard after a nice ride, drink a cold one, and BBQ some chicken!

Oh, and ask for the meatball recipe, wouldn't do that either!

Last edited:
Never jumped but have white water rafted many times in Colorado. We have rafted class 5 and 4 rapids. October the water probably will not be running too fast. We usually go early spring when the water is running pretty fast from the snow melt. Enjoy have a great time!!:D

Back