free website stats program Shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Shocks

Drumrguy

Account Removed
Does anyone know if there are a set of aftermarket shocks for my Ultra Classic, it seems to ride a little harsh and would like to smooth it out some, I already lowered the air in them, just seems to hit hard.

Hard as in bottoming out ? As smitty said need more info . It is possible to change the oil in the shocks to change the rate of dampening . My RKC bottomed out way to fast and gave a harsh ride stock esp 2 up .. put in heavier weight oil and smoothed right out

No weight, saddlebags are empty, solo riding, I weigh about 190. You can change the oil in the rear shocks? Not aware of that.

This is the best way i can describe it: when I am riding and hit some bumps in the road,, it seems to want tokick the bike back up at me, I have hit some roads around me where it has a little hump and it has actually threw me up off the seat, and to be honest, I never payed attention to see if it was bottoming out, how would I tell, and I have a progressive air pump for putting air in the shocks and taking it out.

I will do that when it comes back from the shop, but another question, the front end seems to be rebounding fine, it is not binding, what would I look for in the front end. Also I gotta figure out what size shocks should be on my bike.

NEVER saw a post of HOW MUCH AIR PRESSURE you are using in REAR shocks....

TOO much and it will DO just what you describe...check pressure and if shows over 12lbs. try 6 to 8... MINE rides good at 1-up at 12lbs.... NO big toss me off the seat....

BOTTOMING OUT will sound like you broke the frame of bike on the BUMP.

TOSSING you off the seat tells me TOO MUCH AIR in shocks...

signed....BUBBIE

Back