free website stats program Shocks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shocks

How can I tell if my shocks are bad, I also notice that the front end does not seem to hit hard, it is when the back wheel hits the bumps that I really feel it.

I can tell you this, I have had the air pressure at a few different settings and never seem to be able to get a smooth ride out of it, I think I had it up to about 25 and work on dropping it down to almost no air and the ride never seemed to get softer, sorry I know I explain things bad, but, the Harley shop that has it said it rode hard also, I know it had 20 pounds of air in it when it left, he said he dropped it down to about 12 and was still a hard ride.

Drop it a # at a time from 12 then .. if its still hardwhen ya get to about 2# its shock time

Yeah, now I gotta decide if I go with a Harley shock or I go with a Progressive or something else. Wonder if my shocks could be rebuilt?

Well, I guess I need to start looking onto it, I guess I got myself 2 winter projects, oil cooler and rear shocks, the stock harley shocks, do you know if they come ready to put on or do you have to put the oil in them?

I am sure the wife is getting her list together, so................., I am sure I will do some other things, but those are the important ones.

I know I'll get run over for saying Hd did anything right , but I have never had a problems with HD shocks. Two bikes I have now one has 50,000 miles on it the other has 40,000

Hd didnt make um Showa Did :lolrolling

Back