free website stats program Shocks | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shocks

I wonder, can I get stock size replacement shocks, in the 2010 book I only see ones that are 3/4" lower, they are pretty cheap under 300.00. I guess I will have to check with my local shop.

I know, wonder if you can still get the ones for my bike, I have an 2009 book, maybe I should look and see if they are listed in there.

Het Smitty, got a question for ya, do you think I should try to change the fluid first to see if I get any improvement out of the shocks?

I am sure the wife is getting her list together, so................., I am sure I will do some other things, but those are the important ones.

Go with Smitty on this one, plug and play replacement trumps going thru the trouble of rebuilding old shock that may have bad fluid AND worn internal piston & valving. Just don't put Tourpak storage or cleanup of parts in the shower thing over the winter, wifey may have something to say about that...:lolrolling

yeah I hear ya, I asked her if I could bring it into the house and keep it in the bar area of the house, she did not like that, but she did tell me where I could put it! Hey if someone comes up with the part number for stock 2005 Ultra Classic shocks please let me know, I am going to check my manuals to see if I can turn a number up. Thanks, and to us all, plan the bike list for the winter before the wife gives us the honey-do list! :no

Back