free website stats program Shell Gasoline in my FLHR | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shell Gasoline in my FLHR

You can add me to the list,anytime that I have had to use shell v-power my bike has run hotter and less efficient:( Haven't thought about it before now, maybe thats why I.got my leg burns Could I sue shell? just joking:small3d015:

I ran into trouble with a tank this summer. Caused front cliinder to miss, engin light came on, all sorts of fun. Pretty devoted to Sunoco

I run Shell gas all the time here in sunny SoCal and don't see any issues with their 91. In fact, I run either 76 or Shell gas almost exclusively in my RK these days. I use Chevron from time to time, but I certainly see no noticeable heat, performance or MPG benefits when using Chevron over the others.

I've used shell premium in my RK with out problems , athough it's higher octane in jersey.I try only to put name brand fuel in my harley, any port in a storm of course. I know some one who works for one of the top end refineries and he says the saying , (it all comes from the same place) is only true in that when they make a batch of fuel that does not come up to thier standards they sell it to the cheapy gas stations. It could be as low as 90 % pure. Also the top end refineries only use light sweet crude which is easier to refine with better results.

Food for thought. In regards to fuel for my SG, I follow the same rule of thought as my car. When I bought my car, I was told by the dealer to use Premium only. So lo and behold, most are ethanol blended. Most are 10% (pump says "maybe up to 10%" but who are they kidding). Drove car on first tank of 93 octane ethanol blend and ran ok. So on next fill up I noticed the 91 octane "no ethanol" pump sitting isolated from the 87-89-93 octane combo pump. Price was higher by about 20 cents per gallon but I gave it a try. Gas mileage was up a about 5 miles per gallon. Problem is not all stations offer non ethanol gas. My father in-law who has stake in new ethanol plant nearby recently dumped all his stock because studies are showing that ethanol blend WILL damage your engine (unless you're running E85 in a flexfuel). One gallon of ethanol has significantly less energy than one gallon of pure gas. Just my opinion but my rides like the 91 no ethanol.

About the only thing I do with the Ultra is to always use premium gas (91 octane or better). Never bothered sticking to one brand, although I find myself filling up my cars and bike at the local WaWa simply for convenience. Had a family member who worked for a refinery years back, and he maintained that in the refining process, they all come from the same place. When the refined gasoline gets to the individual brands storage facility, that's when they add the ingredients the gas companies are always telling you about on TV. That was, however, years ago, so maybe things have changed....

Shell had a big problem a few years back to where they added additives that they didn't declare and the addittives ate compenents in some peoples cars which cause huge warranty issues? Gm and Ford I think sued Shell and shell finally admitted that they had used the problematic chemicals. I personnally don't like Shell Gas.

Many years back, Shell used to be a very good fuel, I tried it in my RK and I could see a loss in power and it didn't run as smooth either. Never again will I use it. Sunoco is the only one I use now.

Shell had a big problem a few years back to where they added additives that they didn't declare and the addittives ate compenents in some peoples cars which cause huge warranty issues? Gm and Ford I think sued Shell and shell finally admitted that they had used the problematic chemicals. I personnally don't like Shell Gas.

Here in E. Missouri - Shell is now adding nitrogen to their fuel!?

What ever happened to good ole' Sunoco 260? That stuff made anything run good.

Back