free website stats program Shell Gasoline in my FLHR | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shell Gasoline in my FLHR

As long as it doesn't ping, I use it. With the RK, (Carb) I stopped in just about any station and all good. In fact, in the winter I ran regular many times without any problems. Summer time, I run strictly premium fuel. Since I don't race or care about how fast I get off the light, it's not a big deal to me. In my Ugly bike I run premium all the time just because it runs hot anyway. Just my .02 worth.
Ugly John

You can add me to the list of the people that didn't like shell in the RK. I tried it once because I was low and didn't like the way the bike ran at all. A noticable difference. I'll stick with Sunoco 93.

I'm also with Glider on this one. Here in Michigan we have Sunoco Utrra 94 octane. I might be crazy. But my bike runs better sucking 94 then 91. I would suspect it would run cooler too, but it's been to cold out to tell.

I run mostly Shell and 76 gas in my '03 RKC and the bikes runs great from the coast to the high Sierra. Using Chevron I notice that the performance is about the same, however, I get about 2-3 MPG less. I've tried it from several different Chevron stations around SoCal with similar results, so it's Shell or 76 gas for me.

Back