service manual download ?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Jdsmitty10, May 11, 2010.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

Are there any other requirements other than 150 posts to be able to download a service manual? I finally hit 150, but it is saying i don't have access..

Thanks!

2. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

There is also a length of membership requirement, I think it is 150 days. You may not have been a member long enough and that's the trouble.

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Yes, Sir. You also must be an active member for 150 days.

TQ

4. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

I see....looks like i will need to wait another month or so...oh well..not like i wont be on here all the time like i am already hahah... wife is always complaining.. "u looking at the harley forums again" hah..

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I'm a "hands on" kinda person & these service manuals are the size of old Sears catalogs. Not a bad deal to spend the $60 @ your local HD dealer for the manual - money well $pent...Cheers!

6. rklew

rklew Active Member

You get that too......:D

7. ajjacobs

ajjacobs Active Member

Agreed, PDF manuals are nice for when your sitting at the PC looking at a process, but when working on the bike its nice to have the paper manual with you. Even better when you take that Harley manual to a Kinko's and them spiral bind it so it lays flat when opened to any page (costs like $5).

AJ

8. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

I was planning on printing the pages needed for a specific job so i don't have to worry about getting it messy..just pitch it when it gets messy and print another..

hahah...ya..she pretty much knows if i am on the computer, i am on a harley forum or looking at harley parts...Hey, she is the one who wanted a harley...now she created a monster ahhahahhah

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  9. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Another monster here

Brian

10. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Anyone know if the 2010 or 2009 service manuals will be uploaded in pdf form? I have the paper 2010 service manual, but the pdf would be awesome.