free website stats program SE Pro Super Tuner + Smart Tune Software | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Pro Super Tuner + Smart Tune Software

One recent change (on top of my new black Herritage style bars) was to the spark advance tables.

I noticed that the front/rear spark advance table was modified from the canned map. I figured the table was changed initially when the dealer installed the SEPST (not sure why...emissions). They reduced the values by 4 in 95% of the table, except for the upper right 8 cells (only dropped by 1 or 2).

So I change the spark advance table back to what the canned map was and took it for a 150 mile ride last Saturday. What a difference. Felt like more power (lower to mid), seemed like it ran cooler (seat of the pants) and my pop between 1-2 shift was 99% gone.

Seems like I need to read up on timing (novice in that area).

This is how I open a recording that I just did...

1) Make sure you downloaded the file to the VCI and laptop.
2) Open the SEPST program and click on the toolbox.
3) Click on data box below, then click on the green load data at bottom and select the recording you want to view.

Hope this helps.

Hoople: Sounds like your set with the program disk, but I have a copy that you can use to load onto your PC if needed. I also have the training CD if you want that as well. Let me know, I can drop it in the mail. Keep it as long as you need.

Thanks

Thank you for the offer! At the moment I am looking good having the 2010 Software (smart-tune) and train CD. :)

This is how I open a recording that I just did...

1) Make sure you downloaded the file to the VCI and laptop.
2) Open the SEPST program and click on the toolbox.
3) Click on data box below, then click on the green load data at bottom and select the recording you want to view.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your answer.

But these are excatly the same with my procedure, and I get a message:Error encountered while trying to open file, please retry~dont know why?

===============================================

XL1200 X, with V&H shortshot and air breather kit!

I just add 15% to VE front and rear (without smart tune), and it runs better than original calibration, but I have no idea it suit my bike or not.

Appreciate if some one can share your map about VE and AF(after smart tune):D

===============================================

Last edited by a moderator:
For the error, try to remove the SEPST program, shut down, they re-load it. I'm just not sure if you will wipe out any files you have made, prob not, but don't hold me responsible :)

As for chaning my timing, last full tank with the new timing (what the base calibration was and not what the dealer changed), I got 46 mpg, up from a solid 42 mpg. Only 1 tank so need more time. Another nice ride yesterday, a lttle foggy but it was cool. But once the sun came out it got hot and and the LOVE BUGs were everywhere!!!

500 miles on the updated f/r spark advance maps (went from what the dealer changed to what the canned SEPST map were + 4 in all cells except far upper right 4 cells). Engine seems cooler and seems like more power (seat of the pants). No pinging. Poping all but gone and exhaust note seems different. MPG went from 42 to 46.

Is the increase in mpg because more of a complete burn?

Just a heads up for those using SmarTune... we all know when you reflash the ECM with enable SmarTune, it sets the target AFR map mostly to all 14.6. This way it can use the O2s to capture more data. However, it also retards the timing in the front/rear spark tables. I found this by downloading the SmarTune file this past weekend after some added fine tuning. So when your done running SmarTune after your recorded runs, make sure you double check the new saved map and it shifts the target AFR and spark tables back to where you had them.

Someone else mentioned this to me and I didn't think it was true.. but found out it is.

I have to do some more recorded runs w/out SmarTune checked to see if the ECM is retarding the timing any at different loads (many times you won't even hear it ping, but sometimes you do).

Ride safe and have fun!

Hi i have a problem with smartune on my softail crossbones 2011 . Look theres is no mods upper 2000 RPM why....???
Try two times , and after made a new install of software and there is still the same problem

Please help me:

Back