free website stats program Runs rough and dies. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Runs rough and dies.

You can go to the Home page and scroll down to Self Help and Tips. Lots of good info there.
tourbox

I jumped out 1 and 2 red engine symbol lit for 4 seconds turned off and never relit I tried it twice with same result. waited about a minute turned it off tried again waited a little longer no code. I am going to run some seafoam thru it

While running some sea foam through it tonight. It started acting up again. which was to be expected, this time it continued till I got home . I checked temps at the rocker box cover base. rear was 309 and front was 286 after a 30 minute ride around town. outside air temp around 85 and 100 % humidity. bike seems hotter than normal.no proof just back of leg temp gauge. and wife complaining her right foot and leg getting hot, never said anything before. and she mentioned it 1st. soo. what causes these things to over heat?, lean mixture, but it smells rich. I sprayed some carb cleaner around the intake I didn't get a raise in rpms.

While running some sea foam through it tonight. It started acting up again. which was to be expected, this time it continued till I got home . I checked temps at the rocker box cover base. rear was 309 and front was 286 after a 30 minute ride around town. outside air temp around 85 and 100 % humidity. bike seems hotter than normal.no proof just back of leg temp gauge. and wife complaining her right foot and leg getting hot, never said anything before. and she mentioned it 1st. soo. what causes these things to over heat?, lean mixture, but it smells rich. I sprayed some carb cleaner around the intake I didn't get a raise in rpms.
I don't remember if you said you did a compression test? Are you using oil, leaking? Possible blown head gasket? Pull your oil stick, does it smell gassy?

I will do a compression test I am not using oil, I have a very small rocker box leak. I will check the oil smell and post back to let u know. thanks for the suggestions.

still in the shop we were discussing the problem and the tech described the problem as riding as if I were riding into a strong head wind and that is exactly what it feel like. I was calling it unsettled but this better describes it. I am ready for her to come home. Hey at least I got the garage painted and reorganized. I have had a ot of free time since I haven't been working on the bike.

Back