free website stats program Runs rough and dies. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Runs rough and dies.

HD01FLHTC009.gif
Here is your induction module, you will see a couple of air bleed holes, try some carb cleaner and see what happens

I have same issue what was determined to be the problem
With minimal information provided as to year type of bike, carb or FI and mods or update I am going to take a shot and this may help:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/magnetti-marelli-idle-speed-pdf.59882/
If you type in Marelli in search box there are many threads that could help you get bike corrected.

Maybe some of the gurus can chime in on this one. Member sent me a note and I thought the experts would be better suited to help him.
From svarnster:
"Thanks for the response. The bike is a 2000 ultra classic fuel injected. has cobra speedster exhaust and k&n air filter. The bike runs perfect. I can ride all afternoon and she runs good until I have a stretch where I go 55 + for 2-3 mile or more but usually starts feeling weird after 2-3 miles bike feels like it is restricted. doesn't skip just feels unsettled. Pull in the clutch and it sounds and acts as if it is running on 1 cylinder. I can rev it up and she will straighten up until I go 55+. I have spark at both cylinders when this happens. temp sensor ohmed out good. front plug is a little more tan than the rear which looks like a new plug very little tanning on it. any suggestions. i am thinking injector acting up??"

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the guy ever check for codes? With the MM EFI, could be a variety of issues; trouble shooting the MM EFI is challenging. The guy needs to check for codes; if no codes that in itself starts to narrow down the possibilities.

there are no codes I am sort of thinking it is a fuel injector. I have wiggled wires checked intake gaskets, checked internal tank lines, when it acts like it is on 1 cylinder I can usually rev it up a couple of times and it will go back to running good until the next 55+ stretch

I just read about the codes and I will add jumper wire when I get home I checked codes by the trip button and it showed clear on all. I will post after adding jumper wire

Last edited by a moderator:
I don;t think your codes are in the speedo unit. Those codes are for speedo problems. When you place your jumper watch your Ck. Engine lite & count the flashes.
tourbox

I don;t think your codes are in the speedo unit. Those codes are for speedo problems. When you place your jumper watch your Ck. Engine lite & count the flashes.
tourbox
5-11.jpg
Here is your data link

thank you for the picture I will get home tonight and see what it has to say, I read some where to turn ignition on while holding the trip button and it would read codes. all 10 points said clear

That would be correct for your Yr. Mod. for the speedo codes. If you go back to Jack's post on #15. Re-read items 1-5, at the beginning. It is a little confusing at first trying to figure out which Diagnostic system to use at first. It has to do with year models.
On newer models you do use the trip meter to read the codes. They are displayed in the Odometer screen.
Ex. would be B0563= Battery Voltage High TSM/TSSM.
tourbox

Back