free website stats program rough engine getting worse | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

rough engine getting worse

Bobbynova, your post #17 speaks volumes, that HD dealer should have figured out that the vibration was not there in the beginning when they fired it up and rolled it into the bay...really a waste of time and money for both you and them. I would be inclined to believe the original problem like Glider says is the when they did the tuneup, they may have broken the internal carbon/fiber conductors when they pulled the 5 year old wires which are brittle if you do not remove them by the connector boots.

Maybe this might clarify things a bit. As I twist the grip slowly the vibration i would normally get at idle gets stonger with higher rpm. Before I took it in for routine oil, plugs at regular 5000 mile intervals it ran sweet and smoothed out after idle. This is really screwing up my Harley experience!:small3d012::

Just for the heck of it, do a compression test on both cylinders. It sounds like a cylinder imbalance either from compression or secondary ignition (plugs/wires etc)

Compression and How To Check It - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks Glider! The bike is still at Harley sales in Cleveland. I refused to ride it home because it still shakes pretty bad. Since I took it in I've had to fix a primary cover leak and both fairing supports. All this since 4-3-10! My summer is going down the toilet, I've missed numerous rides and my wife wont get on it cause it makes her guts shake bad. If they are open Monday I'm going to get it and take it to an independent I know. I'm really dissappointed in H-D. But the first thing I do is buy a set of new wires.

.038-.042 is the setting.

Tan color doesn't mean much anymore with the removal of the tetraethyl lead from the fuels. The color is mainly the fuel additives now.

Back