free website stats program Rookie, need some help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rookie, need some help

I would make the 10.5 offer if you feel that's a good price and if they say no remind them that they need to sell the bike more than you need to buy it and tell them the offer will go down to an even 10 if you walk out the without the bike. I've used this tactic when buying cars before some times it work, some times it doesn't.

Another option could be to offer the 11,000 you mentioned and tell them they have to replace the damaged rim and fender.

And by the way it is a very nice looking bike. Are those V&H Longshots? That's what I have and I like them a lot.

There's something I overlooked is the rim and fender. Bargaining power there. If they don't move on the price and you have to have it, insist you want the two parts replaced with NEW and you'll take it then.:D

Hey guys,
Thanks! Yes, I really like the bike. But I know there are others out there. I tried to call them to make a offer but they are already closed.:(
I will call them tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks alot for the help. You guys are really cool!
So whats the good and the bad of the 2001 Duece??? Anyone have any info for me? Things to look out for?
I am pretty new here, sorry for some of the LAMO questions!!!
Thank you guys!

yea, those are Vance and Hines long shots. And man, is it loud!!!LOL!!! My job is very noisy all day long. I would prefer a more quiet bike to be honest. I know that may sound kind of nerdy, but the noise gets to me after a while.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let them see you are too anxious, act as if you are discouraged about the rim and fender and hold them to it.

see if I can get a close up of the bike!
VP1218909_3_thumb.jpg

Glider,
Yea Thanks! Great point. I really am kinda disappointed about that. The crease looks though like it could be taken out. And I know they can take the rim dent out too!

The crease looks though like it could be taken out. And I know they can take the rim dent out too!

I would be worried about what caused the dent and the crease. If the bike has been in a front end accident, there may be more damage that is not apparent. Get some sort of guarantee on the front end components including triple tree, brake, and bearings. The other worry would be that the tubes are bent. Hard to see that without disassembling the forks and rolling the tubes.

TQ

Tquentin1,
Ok, Thank you. Everything else looked ok. It does come with a full 1 year warrantee so It made me feel better.
One thing the salesgirl told me was that it was fuel injection. However, I looked at another one on-line tonight that was a 2002 and the guy stated it was carburation!!!!
So, are the 2001 Softail Dueces carbs or fuel injection? I want fuel injection too!
Thanks!

Hi guys,
I made the offer today for 10,000.00. They claim thats what they paid for the bike. YEAH RIGHT! And that they would not make anything on the bike at all.
I told them, well God will the sun will still rise tomorrow. There will be other bikes out there too.....................

Back