free website stats program Renting a Harley while on vacation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Renting a Harley while on vacation

Heading out to Laughlin NV for a long weekend. Thinking about renting a bike while I am out there. Any tips about renting? Anything to watch out for? Thanks in advance.

I will be interested in the rental outcome. Planing a trip to the Smokies at the end of the month and want to rent instead of trailing the bike. thanks!

I will be interested in the rental outcome. Planing a trip to the Smokies at the end of the month and want to rent instead of trailing the bike. thanks!

???

Gulf Coast of Alabama to the Smokies is an easy ride - take your own bike!

Rented a few times on vacation.DOT helmet was a sticky point once.Not sure about NV laws but you may want to pack your own helmets.You may also want contact your insurance carrier.They may cover you and then you can avoid the sometimes lofty rental insurance.

Rented a bike in AZ last fall. Was told there (and I think it's also on the HD site) Harley requires a helmet when renting a bike from the dealer, irregardless of the states helmet law.

The selection the dealer had is pretty thin (and pretty used). I ended up using one over a baseball cap. If you have room bring your own.

Rented an Ultra Classic last December while on vacation in Hawaii. It was the best 2 days of the entire 10 day stay!!! No problems with the dealer, my own insurance covered the rental and we carried our own helmets. I just got a problem putting on a helmet that I don't know who had it on last!!

Only problem is, now the little lady wants me to upgrade from my Heritage to an Ultra Classic!!!

I rented for the first time here in Hawaii this week, a RK, I think it was an 09. Makes me really appreciate my batwing. The wind noise over my ears blocked out even my son-in-laws' FXDB with VH Short Shots. So the next stop was for ear plugs. Had a good time, the bike was all stock and rode good. Had to learn how to shift without using a tack. It was so smooth that sometimes I wasn't sure if I was in the right gear. Rented from a local company not a dealer, lots of little shops in Waikiki. No problems, easy transaction, competitive prices, but hard to pay for 24 hrs what you pay for almost a regular monthly payment.
The rental was 149 + fees and tax to 187. Tried to get as many miles as I could but only managed 160, with still more island to see, not quite as comfortable as my FLHT, I could have rode it twice as far. Had to use their helmet, didn't have room in my luggage for mine, but would definitely recommend packing your own, it was not very comfortable. Got a bit of a sunburn, forgot my sunscreen.

dude if you don't have your rental yet i checked last week all hd dealers in the area are completely sold out all models eagle rider ripoff artists says if you wnt to rent a bike during laughlin run three day minimum plus like a 50 dollar sur charge per day so the minimun your looking at is 600 bucks for all thier harley models i had made reservations for hotels in both vegas and laughlin which i promptly cancelled i'm not paying 600 bucks to rent a bike for 3 days when i can make 3 mos of bike payments on my 07 rk for the same money

rented a bike from eagle rider in 06 , few rattles & knocks to start with , but loved the death valley ride , rented the classic so we knew wifey had a back rest ,
now we own a ultra . agree with everyone here , if you can take your own riding gear, the stuff they offer is well abused.

???

Gulf Coast of Alabama to the Smokies is an easy ride - take your own bike!

Dr Doo,

We did that once last April. The problem is...we will be on our honeymoon and the bike just doesn't have enough storage for a week. We actually trailered before and had a nightmare getting the bike up and down the roads leading to our cabin, 60 degree grade on a glorifed driveway with 50 foot drop offs on either side. Anyway we just don't want the hassel this time.

Back