free website stats program Renting a Harley while on vacation | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Renting a Harley while on vacation

I was out in Vagas 3 weeks ago... rented 2010 Heritage Classic fron LV Harley. 24 hours about $150... did 200 miles plus, Valley of Fire around to Lake Mead. Nice ride. LV Harley provided helmets. You can reserve on line. Make sure to check your insurance... mine did not cover rentals.

Doesn't a current HOG membership provide rental insurance on a bike rental? Anyone know?

Some dealers will give u a Hog discount but the insurance is another story, they will tell u u are on the hook for the first 2,500. I dont quite understand this one

Three years ago we did the HOG Fly & Ride. The cost was $600 for 7 days. That included everything, insurance, taxes, etc. There were no additional charges. We took our own helmets. Picked up an EG Classic in San Diego, CA.

We had a great trip. Put on about 1200 miles :)

Some dealers will give u a Hog discount but the insurance is another story, they will tell u u are on the hook for the first 2,500. I dont quite understand this one

The policy that THEY "buy" MAKES $$$$$ for them..... YOU pay the 2500$ DEDUCTIBLE so the insurance THEY provide is CHEAP to THEM and expensive to YOU. HD and RENTAL profits!

signed....BUBBIE

OK, we just returned from the Smokies and here's my report on rentals.

We rented from Smoky Mountain HD in Pigeon Forge, an 09 Softail Heritage for 1 day only. We reserved the bike on Monday for a Thursday ride on advice from HD because they said that time of the year is very popular and the bike may not be available. (good advice here, a lot of folks renting on the day we picked it up). The cost for 1 day (6hr), was $79 + the optional insurance and tax bringing the total to $126 and change. Chose the optional insurance because mine does not cover rentals, Safeco.

The upside... had a great ride, the bike we wanted was available as stated earlier and the weather was great. The bike was in great shape and we had no problems.

The downside... a little pricey..and if you have an accident, a $2000 deposit on a credit card (required) becomes your deductible. Unfortunately..some of the roads we wanted to ride were closed due to rockslides. The Dragon was closed, Clingmans Dome was closed, and the 441 Parkway was closed, although it opened the next day.

But all in all a nice day to ride and we had a good time, that's what it's all about.

We rented in Pigeon Forge TN last fall. It was awesome, the ride and the HD Dealer we rented from.:)

Back