free website stats program Removal of wheel bearings | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Removal of wheel bearings

Thanks doc...your explaination is the same as my understanding of pulling bearings. What I'm confused about is Jack's threaded rod puller especially where he says to place the large pipe on the "other side" of the wheel...unless he's talking about removing the left side bearing after the right side bearing and spacer have already been removed....that I would understand.

Just trying to understand Jack's threaded puller as I like homemade tools :)

Thanks kemo for the information on the threaded bearing installer :)

My version of the bearing puller would be similar to Kemos, I use threaded rod and ball joint remover cups works pretty good, and you could use a shop press it would be tricky to jig it all up but you could press them in and out this way but you would have to be very good at it Assuming you already have the other bearing out, this will work

Last edited by a moderator:
After i got the bearing out i took the spacer and cut ground two grove in it by the bearing so the next time i could use a punch to knock the bearing out use a heat gun to warm up the hub to put the next bearing in and put the new bearing in the freezer it fell right in got 30000 miles out of my front bearing.

Back