free website stats program Question about Deli Meat Slicing Machines.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about Deli Meat Slicing Machines..

Having spent years slicing meats I understand the frustrations. I liked to offer it "shaved" and thats how we always sliced it for our Deli Style Sandwiches. The geniuses at Wal-Mart and other places just dont understand what we're looking for now days.

I do remember it taking much longer to shave rather than slice, so that might be part of it too (more effort involved).

This is quite a thread...LOL

Doc, does the control knob for the thickness of slice usually have several complete turns from end to end or does the entire sweep from thick to thin require just 1 (or almost 1) complete turn.

Reason I ask is because when the lady shows me a slice of ham and asks "Is this OK" and I say "NO,,,Thinner" I usually see her go back and rotate the control knob maybe 10 degrees of full circle. She moves it almost nothing and then slices me off a pound and a half of cardboard thick meat..

The next time I go in, I am fighting back. I want to be ready with facts just like I was a Deli man.

I know what you mean, I make them give me a slice how they are going to cut it and if it's not thin enough I tell them "thinner" and get another slice till it's what I want, THEN they can slice it for me. :D

I doubt the dials are calibrated but they should have numbers on them for the thickness (1-2-3-4-5). Ask what number it was sliced on and then you can tell them next trip how you want it done.
tn254s3.jpg

Glider's way is the only method I use when going to a deli for properly sliced meat and cheeses. No other way and the "real" accepted way in your more experienced deli's only.:newsmile079: Good customer service, that only guys and gals in the know...is that NY and NJ have all the best deli's bar none, a good deli sandwich should have only the best breads and meats around, fresh and tasty!!! :D

Last edited:
Back